Looking for glitter fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for glitter fabric

Does anyone know of a current fabric that has glitter? I just used the last of some 20+ year old JoAnns fabric that looks like snow glitter. Cut it up for my Glimmer mini quilt, had a bit left and tried it on a fast Xmas table runner I'm making a few of for friends. I'm one star point short, and at that it's only enough for one runner and I want to make several.

It's the middle of the night, probably the best time to be staring right at the fabric on some site and not see it, lol! I'm sure there is some out there, right? It doesn't even have to be white, color would work well too. Rather hoping the glitter stays put, my old fabric doesn't loose one single flake and I'm shocked because it's so old.

Here's my Glimmer mini, and the Lori Holt Xmas fabric I'm using for the runners (snagged it when MSQC had that charm pack sale a few weeks back, what a deal because I can make two large runners out of one pack).

...or not, my pics are too big. I'll try again when I'm awake. It's the Lori Holt Cozy Christmas I want to put glitter with.

Re: Looking for glitter fabric

i bought some snowflake glitter at joannes when i visited the us in oct
    whishedi`d bought the whole bolt
    said made for joannes
    iused it in avatar quilt
    Gale

Comment

I bought a white with silver glitter and a gold glitter on ecru from Joann just a couple weeks ago. I desperately need the gold on red glitter from the same line but can't find it anywhere. The fabric is their Quilter's Calico brand. I've had the red at least 5 or 6 years so probably won't find it.

Comment

I think some of the Artisan Spirit lines have glitter. Also some of the Stonehenge I believe.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I purchased a blue fabric with silver glitter at Hobby Lobby a few months ago. It's still in the bag, I was trying to prevent glitter going everywhere!

Comment

Some of the Michael Miller Fairy frost fabrics have glitter.

Comment

It's all over the place! I try to avoid buying it because I don't like that sparkle all over me and my sewing studio! Michael Millers Fairy Frost is a good alternative......it's not sparkly, but it has a cool finish.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

The Fairy Frost sounds perfect! My old fabric is not heavily glittered, it is glitter but has more of a shimmer effect. I do not want glitter anywhere. I think after using this I had one sparkle on my pant leg, and three on my table - all I can handle, lol!

Of course it's too hard to capture in a photo, and I was working in the middle of the night. I just really like how the sparkly fabric looks with the Christmas fabric instead of plain white.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
                  The Fairy Frost sounds perfect! My old fabric is not heavily glittered, it is glitter but has more of a shimmer effect. I do not want glitter anywhere. I think after using this I had one sparkle on my pant leg, and three on my table - all I can handle, lol!

Of course it's too hard to capture in a photo, and I was working in the middle of the night. I just really like how the sparkly fabric looks with the Christmas fabric instead of plain white.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]137038[/ATTACH]
                  Shimmer is exactly what Fairy Frost has!!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

This is my fairy frost so u can see....I don't have a white or cream color, but my mint green is lighter....image.jpg

Comment

Up close. image.jpg

Comment

I think I had some of what you have. It was the best stuff ever, bought at Jo Anns about 4 years ago. I used every inch of it and have been looking everywhere for it forever with no luck. It was like a glitter muslin and I just loved it. The glitter was very subtle and did not rub off at all. Let me know if you ever find it! I think I have a piece about 4" square left will try to post a pic later.

Comment

I have never seen it at Joanns. They might carry something like it, but not by Michael Miller. You can find it online or in quilt shops.
                          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

There are some fairy frosts with actual glitter (not just shimmer) to them.

https://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com...iry-frost.html

Comment

Working...
                            X