color catcher question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color catcher question

Do the color catchers have to come out white ,before the possibility of color bleeding is avoided ?. Washed all the pillow cases I made,including the red trimmed ones in cold water twice now. Used several CC in each wash, the CC still have a lot of red in them Thanks for your help Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: color catcher question

I keep washing till the new one is white or has minimal color. If it has a touch of color I just throw one in the next time I wash. Some reds take a really long time to quit bleeding. I had one quilt I washed like 6 or 7 times before it was only minimal and I keep all the color catchers in there with the new one each time.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. Kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

I wash until the Color Catcher comes out white. It takes different numbers of washings depending on the fabrics and colors used in the quilt.

Comment

I've never used Color Catchers. I can't tolerate the heavy fragrance. Bob - it's so nice to see your post. How are you doing these days?

Comment

I do the same as Altairs.

Hmmmm JCY, we must have different colour catcher brands "over here"....mine have no fragrance; thank heavens, I can see why that would make you reluctant to use them...I detest fragranced stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
              I've never used Color Catchers. I can't tolerate the heavy fragrance. Bob - it's so nice to see your post. How are you doing these days?
              I have never had a color catcher with a smell. I use the Carbona ones but I don't think the other ones I had had a smell either.

Comment

I don't think mine have a scent, either. But I was just wondering: it seems like everyone I know hates all the new stronger fragrance the manufacturers are putting in everything. Why, if everyone hates them, are the makers still putting it in? It's not enough that we get "Axe"d to death when we go out in public? And all the fake cinnamon smells for Christmas? Pew-ee!
                Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Comment

Shout Color Catchers have no scent.

Bounce dryer sheets do. There is a difference.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                  X