Quilt shops in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt shops in Portland

I have a business trip to Portland OR. Was looking for recommendations on quilt shops to visit. Thanks.

Re: Quilt shops in Portland

My favorite shop is the Pine Needle in Lake Oswego. Beautiful fabric selection, nice displays, helpful and knowledgeable. A shop that is not really a quilt shop but is a must visit is Fabric Depot. It is on the east edge of Portland, a ways out but worth the trip. It has a huge selection of fabrics of all types, not just quilting. But their quilting fabric is extensive and they have some pretty good sales.

Comment

Fabric Depot is a rather large fabric shop in Portland - they have a lot of quilting cotton, but they have other fabrics too (such as apparel fabric and such).

If you're a bibliophile (book-lover) you might also want to check out Powell's book store (6 stories of new and used books).

And if you're going to be there on the weekend, you might want to check out the Saturday Market (sort of a weekly craft fair).

Comment

With every trip to Portland, I stop at my favorites (in random order): Quilting Delights, Fabric Depot, Bolt, Mill End Store, & Pioneer Quilt Shop. Across the bridge, and just into Washington, Fiddlesticks is a must-stop for me, as well as.
        Enjoy tax-free fabric shopping! Check out the Row-By-Row map that will list many shops for you to see.
        Enjoy your trip to the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
        Barbara
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Fabric depot is a must.

Comment

Fabric depot is a definite also the book store Powell's if you are a reader. We went to Portland about 2 months ago awesome trip!!!

Comment

Pendleton Miil End Store is a must for me and everyone should visit Fabric Depot at least once. For non-fabric store, I agree that Powell's Book Store is awesome! You can easily spend an afternoon in there. I also recommend Bob's Red Mill! Their food is wonderful.
              Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

#1, Fabric Depot......it's also #2 #3 #4 #5!!

Next is The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego. If you have time to drive less than two hours to the south, Boersmas in McMinnville is fabulous!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

There are/were shops called Mill End shops in various places. I think their big one in Milwaukee closed, but my sister had one in Beaverton ( West Slope area) that she took me to. I guess they are still there, I haven't visited Portland in a couple of years. The Beaverton Saturday Market is a good one also. Lots of produce, breads, and craft vendors, as well as some great prepared food vendors.

Of course, Fabric Depot!

Comment

I love Cool Cottons in Portland. It's a small shop but beautiful fabric. MY son and I got "lost" for a few hours in there. Can't wait to go back in December.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                      Fabric Depot is a rather large fabric shop in Portland - they have a lot of quilting cotton, but they have other fabrics too (such as apparel fabric and such).

If you're a bibliophile (book-lover) you might also want to check out Powell's book store (6 stories of new and used books).

And if you're going to be there on the weekend, you might want to check out the Saturday Market (sort of a weekly craft fair).
                      Oh yes - Powell's is wonderful!

Comment

Thank you to all of you who responded. The best laid plans...
                        As it turns out I only had time to visit one quilt shop that was closest to me: Pioneer Quilts.
                        I highly recommend it. Great fabric, BEAUTIFUL and DIFFERENT Block of the month projects that involve their hand dyed wool appliques. Great selection of beautiful Japanese/Asian fabric. Spent a bit and could have spent MUCH MUCH more. Their website is not complete but their Facebook page is. Just search on Pioneer Quilts Portland and you will get them. Again thanks for all of your responses especially those that directed me here. Happy Camper Quilter, back home in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                        X