Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1850's Hexagon Memory Quilt - Genealogy Fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1850's Hexagon Memory Quilt - Genealogy Fun.

I posted a couple of years ago and received great help on this forum. I thought I would let everyone who would like to have fun doing research on the quilt have the opportunity. From the appraisal of this quilt the appraiser believes it was commissioned to be made around 1850. A lot of the names on the quilt are from the Scott Family. The hexagons were purchased by family members and friends over a couple years as a fundraiser for someones travels west. A lot of the hexagons are focused on the Vermont area which led her to believe this could be an Abolitionist Fundraising Quilt. I have made a Facebook Page for the quilt and will post all the hexagons so that people who like to do research can and post their findings. Hopefully we can have fun with this great quilt. I found a lot of information about the family on this link provided: https://archive.org/stream/genealogi.../n274/mode/2up

Here is the link for the Quilts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HexagonMemoryQuilt/

10380690_10204047951616680_6437511960914651694_o.jpg
    SAM_8697.JPGSAM_8698.JPGSAM_8700.JPGSAM_8701.JPGSAM_8703.JPGSAM_8705.JPGSAM_8706.JPGSAM_8707.JPGSAM_8709.JPG
    Last edited by jlock274; November 6, 2016, 12:26 PM.

Re: 1850's Hexagon Memory Quilt - Genealogy Fun.

This is amazing quilt! I am a genealogy buff so it is such an exciting piece.

Comment

What a fascinating project, it would take over my life if I was doing this. Is this quilt in your family or are you working on it for someone else?

Comment

I bought this quilt years ago. Most if the names belong to the Scott Family from Vermont.

Comment

I so remember when you posted about this quilt back in 2014. What an exciting piece of history. I am so happy that you have revisited us and am anxious to check out your FB page.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Have you went to ancestry.com and typed in any of those names and dates to see??? It is free to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X