Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a Broken Orange Peel Quilt with Jenny New Tutorial!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a Broken Orange Peel Quilt with Jenny New Tutorial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1l-mvILbs

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a Broken Orange Peel Quilt with Jenny New Tutorial!

Thank you Annika and have a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I love watching the tutorials and I hope your thread on Friday morning, although I also receive in my email I like to see in the forum

Comment

Thanks! This one might go on my to do list... I'll have to make a sample block to see how I like it.
        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the short cut again Annika!

I may try this one, I think with a bright charm pack, will use a colored background and make a baby quilt.
          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I found the same pattern by accident today

http://colorgirlquilts.com/product/whimsy-garden-quilt
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              I found the same pattern by accident today

http://colorgirlquilts.com/product/whimsy-garden-quilt
              wow, I like it better in bright fabrics. Only difference I see is they made circles for the cornerstones. And best of all Jenny's is free and easy
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
                wow, I like it better in bright fabrics. Only difference I see is they made circles for the cornerstones. And best of all Jenny's is free and easy
                I wouldn't buy the pattern. I do like the smaller square though, or how ever it was grouped closer together. Any pattern can be altered and that's what I would do with Jenny's version, plus the bright colors
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank you, Annika, fir always posting these links.

I LOVE the look of this quilt!!
                  Barbara
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

I definitely like that Whimsy Garden pattern better. They left the points on. Each block has the same fabrics, rather than being scrappy. I like the less white space. Did you notice they made a pieced binding? I might have to try this pattern after all. I printed off the picture. Between Jenny's tut & this pic I should be able to come up with something I like.

Comment

The other difference is the Whimsy Garden, is s curved piece, not an applique.. I like the layout of colrs more, but love Jenny's method.

Comment

thank you so much, JCY! I am glad you like my Whimsy Garden pattern. It does make me sad to read that you plan on using a picture of my quilt to make one without purchasing my pattern, though. I hope you will consider supporting us small business/pattern designers and consider buying a pattern you like! I love providing inspiration to quilters, it's why I do what I do...but designing, making and writing a quilt pattern takes lots of time and investment. (-: --Sharon (aka Color Girl)

Comment

I'm thinking brights also. The cornerstones would be easier than appliqueing on circles because if you do a large top, you would have a hard time appliqueing those circles on.
                          I would change the pattern in that I would match up the halfs to look like it's slipped underneath the sashing.
                          Would definitely have to have a design wall though!
                          Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                            I definitely like that Whimsy Garden pattern better. They left the points on. Each block has the same fabrics, rather than being scrappy. I like the less white space. Did you notice they made a pieced binding? I might have to try this pattern after all. I printed off the picture. Between Jenny's tut & this pic I should be able to come up with something I like.

I had to go look. Jenny uses a different template that does not have as sharp a point as the Whimsy Garden pattern. When I go to make this, I will use scraps and the Accuquilt orange peel die so I will have to adjust the background block to fit the die - I believe the die one is 6" so it's larger. I'm pretty sure it has sharpe points also.
                            Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                              I don't have this template (I made my own), but I wonder if you can continue the rotary cutter past the end of the template "far enough" to make your own points?

I also like the look of the Whimsy Garden pattern. I think with points, Jenny's tutorial could yield the same outcome.
                              Barbara
                              http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Working...
                              X