Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My teeny tiny sewing/guest room is almost ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My teeny tiny sewing/guest room is almost ready!

It's taken two and half weeks but my sewing room almost ready for sewing. I had to downsized my big sewing table. When I first started sewing 45 years ago, I did it on my "Nanny typing table". I've come full circle... back to Nanny's tiny typing table! The big table just didn't work. I'll post some pictures next week, still working on the my sewing nook! Yeah, I went from a sewing room to a sewing nook but it's all good...at least I'm not sewing at the dining table.

PS The big table is in the storage unit! Waiting for the next move, hopefully that will be to Arizona. We'll see! We're here for at least a year!
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: My teeny tiny sewing/guest room is almost ready!

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Comment

Pictures!! We need pictures

Comment

I have a sewing nook (4' x 5'), it's small but it's my space that I enjoy so much.

Comment

I may be getting a sewing nook, myself, any tips?

Comment

I don't think it matters how big your space is. Make it what you can and it will work for you. I have gone from a little space in a spare bedroom, to half a room in another, then back to the little space, and now to a space in our garage. AND SOON, probably will have move to a little space in a bedroom if we end up selling our small home, and have to downsize. Make whatever space you have, YOUR OWN! I hope you will always a sewing place, even if it is a "nook""
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

My sewing space is small. It looks larger because of how everything is arranged. A few years back I got rid of an old daybed that was in here and Jeff made storage cabinets that fill that whole wall.

Good luck putting the finishing touches on your cozy space....you will love it.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Enjoy your space no matter the size. I think we all make it work one way or another.
                sigpic

Comment

I noticed as I moved from my kitchen counter to half a room to a whole room I collected more and more and now I've out grown this room LOL. Small space keeps you under control. I was fine till I discovered M*. I'm now at the point where I'm more picky as I pretty much have to much. Enjoy your space, it's yours no matter how small.

Comment

I've been sewing on a 30x72 folding table and would like to replace it with something more attractive. So far, no luck finding one with the same dimensions. I really like the size because I can fit more than one sewing machine on it and it's also nice to have the extra room for quilting.
                    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

chelea, you may want to look into some IKEA furniture. You can reconfigure different pieces they have in so many ways. I'd love to get one of their kitchen islands for my cutting table and storage underneath it but I'm not sure if it'll fit in my nook. We are just in the planning stages right now. When it's finally done, I want to try the space out first for a while before deciding on what'll work.

Nice encouragement, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X