• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Show Tragedy

This is really sad. All Lost

http://abc13.com/news/trailer-of-$125000-quilts-stolen-from-hotel/1581901/

Re: Houston Show Tragedy

That is heartbreaking. Somebody knew what they were going for. Just awful.

Comment

Hopefully they are caught.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I am sorry for those that lost. It's a drag losing your major investment. We need some kind of rfid thread or something that would identify the quilts if they came up for resale in this country. One that the thieves would have to almost destroy the quilt to remove. Be a heartbreak for the quilter, but the thieves also could not profit. What would be more of a drag is if the thieves just wanted the truck and trailer and dumped the quilts.

Isn't that stolen quilt registry still around?

However, since I am not interested in quilt shows, that headline sounded like there had been some kind of major accident with lives lost.

I am glad it wasn't that.

Comment

Ugh. Hope they were insured (or that the hotel is).

Comment

I heard at festival today that the trailer was found abandoned along a road. The entire contents was intact. I really hope its true!
            Patrice S

Comment

According to the video & report I saw on line, the quilts were gone as were some of the other contents of the trailer. I think assessment still was underway. I would be so heart sick if that happened to me & all my hard work!

Comment

Looks like the trailer was found - but the way I read it the quilts are missing ... and some other things are gone too.

Here's the link to the report I read: http://www.click2houston.com/news/12...urned-to-owner

Comment

I was at the show and saw their booth - empty except for some people talking to the owner. So sad it was all damaged or stolen.

Comment

This was posted two days ago (Saturday) by the owner of the stolen trailer, Jamie Wallen
                    Update... Yesterday the Harris County Sheriffs Department contacted us to let us know they had found some of the quilts. Rich and Lynn went down to there office while I was teaching class and picked up what they got. Unfortunately it was only a small fraction of the quilts lost. 1 of the 6 customer quilts were found along with my class samples, a thread painting, the giraffe quilt and a few others.
                    Most are still missing. The Sheriff has arrested the man charged with this theft and we hope in plea bargaining he will give the remainder up. We will load up the remainder of our possessions and assess our losses when we get back to home base. From the bottom of our Hearts... Thank You Thank You to our quilting community for all of your love and support. We would have not made it without you. Please take care of each, know your loved.... and we will see you down the road......We Promise
                    !!!

Comment

Thanks for the update Carol. I also hope he will give up the location of the quilts.

Comment

I sew for fun not for profit or show, but if I was making a quilt for show that was worth that much money, or if I ever had the opportunity to own such a quilt I would put in tracking chip in the layers of the fabric and no thief would be the wiser.

Just a thought
                        Have a blessed day
                        Pam[/I]
                        [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X