My daughter and her dog making a quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter and her dog making a quilt

I bought my 25yo daughter a Couch To Quilt kit while I was at the forum retreat in September. On the way home, I gave her my sewing machine and the kit. Today, she started to work on it. Her dog, Josie, helped.

IMG_32641.jpg

Here is the video; it's really short.
    https://www.facebook.com/ecarolbell/...77692097855297

I also spent nearly an hour with her on Skpye to tell her how to wind a bobbin and thread the machine. It was a riot. I can show you, but just telling you is difficult!

Re: My daughter and her dog making a quilt

Aww......sweet pup. Got to love the fur babies when the help us.

Carol I don't guess we will cross paths at the quilt show. If you see that you will be there on Thursday or Friday...let me know. It would be fun to meet you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

So sweet that you are sharing your love of quilting with your daughter! I totally understand the teaching her to wind a bobbin part. My mother, who sewed and quilted her entire life, in her later years would call me on the phone to ask me what button to push for a certain stitch or how to make a buttonhole, or how to wind a bobbin. I would patiently walk her through it step by step, trying not to laugh or make faces. When I would get off the phone my entire family and I would laugh for a long time. Such simple things, but if you don't know.....such difficult things to explain. At least you had skype to show or see what she was trying to do! But then, my mom was beyond skype!

Comment

Loving the video - sometimes we need to listen to our fur babies.

Suzy you remind me of trying to tell my Mom how to send an e-mail via a long distance telephone call. God love them!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I just kept telling my daughter....someday that will be me and you. Shes's not worried......she won't be able to help me with sewing. It is probably how my son feels when I have a computer question now! He has no patience, though.

Comment

Such a sweet helper.

Comment

He's beautiful!
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

My 3 dogs are my sewing/quilting buddies
                Patrice S

Comment

Could not see the video but the pic is cute. Furbabies are fun helpers. I have 3 tux cats that help me.
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Update: she's sent me about 3 photos of the charms layed out. She's not happy - hates the bright blue, says there are too many greens. I tell her about Jenny's advice for blocks you don't like - move them to the edge and put the blocks you like in the center. She likes that.

So she has sewn a bunch of pairs together, but is unhappy and has ripped them all out. She wants to buy another charm pack that she likes. I have created a perfectionist daughter!!!! I think I used to be a perfectionist, but I'm SO not anymore. I really like chaos and random. I don't know how to teach this to my daughter, but it's sooooo funny!

I love my kids!

Comment

My daughter, Grace, got her Couch to Quilt quilt back! It took two months to get it quilted, but I think that is FAST considering she sent it in the middle of the Christmas rush. She is over the moon for it, says it looks awesome and is very happy. When she sent me these photos today, she said "apparently that's what a meandering quilt pattern is" LOL She loves the stars backing and binding.

I hope she will keep quilting, even if it is an easy charm pack like this. I'm hoping so. She also accepted a job as an admin assistant for an investment firm, so her free time just got cut short.

Grace's Couch to Quilt (1).jpgGrace's Couch to Quilt (2).jpgGrace's Couch to Quilt (back binding).jpgGrace's Couch to Quilt (front binding).jpgGrace's Couch to Quilt (meander quilt).jpg

This wasn't her first quilt. It is the first quilt she has made all by herself. The last one she made was about 4 years ago for her boyfriend (now husband). I helped her, but she did most of the work. Here's a photo of that quilt in the making.

2012-12-04 21.21.00.jpg

Comment

It is so pretty!

Jeannette

Comment

Memories that will last and mean so much. I am in love with her helper, just don't tell my helper please!
                          sigpic

Comment

What a cute picture. I hope your daughter finds a love of quilting. I just can't seem to get any of daughters interested. But I have hopes that some day they might.
                            Have a blessed day
                            Pam[/I]
                            [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X