fat quarter for a $1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fat quarter for a $1

So, in my inbox I get the local MSQC newsletter and they are selling fat quarters ...solids or prints...for $1 in=store. I click on sales and Yep...I can order them only they will be a mystery. So, I can't pass it up. How bad could solids be? I can always use some solid fabric, right? Why do I need to do this I ask. Well, if I were out shopping, I would invariably have to buy $20 worth of them because its a deal, right? But, oh my, a few more prints wouldn't hurt either, would it? So, I loaded up my cart and pressed the submit button and they are on the way. Wonder what horrid colors could possibly be in the solids. lol.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: fat quarter for a $1

LOL
    Yes $1 for fat qtrs is definitely a good deal.
    Wish I lived near the store so I would not have to pay shipping and could possibly check out the stash of colors.
    But, yes, you could ALWAYS use solids!

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I like to buy FQs at my LQS (from the "orphan" corner) for only $1.00. The solid colors work well for practice FMQ sandwiches. It's easier to see the stitches than on a print fabric. I made the Cutting Corners quilt with some of the FQs & 50% off fabrics I bought there. It's not quilted yet, but I'll post pics when it's done. A person can always use solids with something -- making 4 patches, 9-patches, D9P, strip quilts, etc. I'm sure they won't go to waste. I hope you get a nice selection.

Comment

Okay you made me go look see. And NO!!! I will not buy (at this time), thank you.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

This would have been a great deal yesterday with free shipping.
          Cindy

Comment

When I ordered some last month I received gray solids & independence day themed FQ

Comment

With my luck, they would all be purple. I don't do purple.

Comment

I ordered a batch also. I seldom can find FQs locally for less than $2 each, so I didn't mind paying the shipping, and I've got an upcoming quilt request that is made up all of solid colors, so maybe I'll get lucky and some of the FQs will be "close enough" in color, if not, oh well, there's always room for more in my stash closet.

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                  With my luck, they would all be purple. I don't do purple.
                  If I get turquoise, the only color I hate, I'll trade ya!!

Comment

Oh, I truly hope they aren't greys and browns. I don't like brown in a quilt. Oh no, I was thinking colors like red, yellow, blue, green, touquoise, purple, orange....not dull solids. And I really don't want holiday prints.
                    Originally posted by nayzie View Post
                    When I ordered some last month I received gray solids & independence day themed FQ
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X