Olfa 45mm Pinking Rotary Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olfa 45mm Pinking Rotary Blade

I wanted to get an Olfa Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter for a friend plus an Olfa Pinking Blade. On the blade specs shown on link below it says, "Designed for use with only OLFA 45mm Deluxe Rotary Cutter (RTY-2/DX)". I received a pinking blade last year and didn't notice this on the package. I just finished using the pinking blade in my old Olfa rotary cutter (but not the model referenced) to trim about 50 2-1/2" pinwheel ornaments instead of hand sewing the tiny borders. Had no problem at all.

Does anyone else use a pinking blade in an Olfa cutter other than the deluxe model mentioned? Anyone know why it is made only for the one cutter?

Re: Olfa 45mm Pinking Rotary Blade

Good question! I use an Olfa pinking blade on an older cutter (other that the model listed above). I didn't pay attention to the package either re: which cutter it was to be used on.

I did notice that there was a slight drag when rolling after I first put it on, but then re-read the instructions and noticed I had put the blade on backwards -- yes, there is a right and wrong way to assemble so that the correct part of the blade faces out. This solved the drag problem when rolling/cutting.

The cutting works lovely -- cuts like butter even on my older cutter!
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

I've only used it n the Olfa ergonomic cutter. There must be other cutters a pinking blade works in, they're too prolific to be used in just one cutter. The thing is, you do need room for the flared edge. On that Olfa cutter you move a plastic spacer to the blade side to give enough clearance. I'd think as long as the blade has room to turn and the cutting edge doesn't get caught on part of the handle, it'd work just fine.

Comment

Thanks to you both. Maybe I'd just better get the cutter they recommend for use with the pinking blade. Blade is so easy to change with the Splash so thought it would be easier for a newbie.

Comment

Working...
        X