Shout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout

I've been using Shout to take up the excess color when I wash a new quilt. Works great, so glad I heard about that here.

Usually I do only one quilt at a time. Anyone know if there is any reason for me not to add two new wall hangings to a wash with a new quilt? I could easily fit one small lap quilt and two 30x40 wall hangings. will they bleed on to each other or will the Shout lift color for all three?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Shout

I didn't know this about Shout. It's good to know. I always lean towards the cautious side when it comes to washing quilts so I would wash them individually. But extra color catchers may do the trick. I've washed quilts together that have already been washed and they turned out fine.

Comment

Are you referring to Shout Color Catchers or another type of Shout? You might not want to risk ruining your hard work and wash them separately first.

Comment

Yes are you talking about Color Catchers?? Even though they work great sometimes you need to wash an item more than once ( even with color catchers) the first time it is being washed. So for the initial washing I would only do one item at a time until the color stops bleeding. No sense in asking for trouble! Especially after you put all that hard work into it.

Comment

Yes it's the Shout Color Catchers. I noticed sometimes it takes more than one wash for it to stop bleeding although it doesn't bleed back on to the fabric. But I think you are right, I think I'll continue only washing one at a time. Thanks guys :-)
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
          X