Pretty rubbish day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty rubbish day!!

OK so I've been making shopping bags for charity. The last one was too thick for my machine so I stopped and gave her a few days break. Went back last night to hem some trousers and she was missing stitches and a horrible grating noise from the bobbin. Took her to bits and gave her a good clean and tried again - still not playing. So went back today and got out the manual - did what it told me and I managed to zigzag the bottoms then OK but then tried to sew the hem up and same problem. So thought haha!! May need a new needle so changed but still no good!! THEN decided to remove the needle to put into my other machine and yes I dropped it into the machine and I can't even see it much less get to it!!! My workhorse is definitely going to have to go for repair!!!!

Re: Pretty rubbish day!!

Oh how frustrating!! I hope she comes back from the shop a.s.a.p.!

Jeannette

Comment

Couple of years ago I had my singer curvy (my budget machine) growl and freeze up on me, so I pulled out Hank the Tank (my kenmore from early 70's) and he got stuck in reverse. One cannot sew in reverse! I tried. So to shop they both went and while there I heard voices... psssssssst over here, lookie lookie at us. Yep a Janome home machine (DC2015) flirted with me. Got home, thought it over and called shop back. Put my name on it please, will pick it up soon. Still got the other 2 fixed and month later I bought a Janome serger. I am still serger shy, but working on learning how to use it. I have learned how to thread it (many times over!) thank goodness for you tube!

Comment

It was suggested (family non-sewers) that I should sell the other two (singer/kenmore).. At first I went on defense, three is nothing compared to friend at work, I need a back up machine... etc... Then it hit me... what about their hobby toys.. So I reminded one (wood person) just how many different saws and drills he had... different tools for different projects... Then the other person (marathon/tri-athaloners etc..) how many bikes, shoes, trainers and other accessories was in their arsenal... The subject has NEVER been approached since!

Comment

One friend said her husband commented on why she was buying another ruler/etc. She looked at him and said back to him what he told her when she asked him about his tools "the right tool for the right job". Same thing - didn't say anything again.

Comment

Working...
          X