Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobbins

Good Morning Everyone
    This is a question for Janome 6600 MC owners. I need some more bobbins for my machine. Can I just match up the size with the plastic bobbins at J's and buy them off the rack like that; or does the machine take a special bobbin. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: Bobbins

check the book for size, and then just buy that. I find mine is not picky as long as they are the right size
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
      check the book for size, and then just buy that. I find mine is not picky as long as they are the right size
      Thanks,but the size isn't in the book,and there aren't any markings on the bobbin. Kathy
      sigpic

Comment

look for class 15 bobbins
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Thanks kathy
          sigpic

Comment

If you google your machine model, you'll find the info. you're looking for. I found a 10-pack of class 15 bobbins for $5.99 at sewingpartsonline. Amazon also carries bobbins. Just let your fingers do the shopping!

Comment

On the back of the bobbin pack it should list what machines can use them.
              Vonnie

Comment

I have a Janome 6600P - it takes a Class 15 bobbin - just make sure it is a flat bobbin - no curve on top and bottom.
                ***Kathy***

Comment

I have a Janome 6260 QC and I bought the plastic bobbins at Joann Fabrics. They look just like the bobbins that came with my machine. Same size and shape. I've had no problems.

Just like yourself, my instruction book did not say what kind bobbin to purchase.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Jo Ann's told me they have a book with bobbin photos if you bring one in that fits your machine. I was complaining that I bought some on Amazon made by Brother that said "fits all Brother machines" and after I wound the first bobbin I tried putting it into the machine but it was a teensy weensy bit too high and my bobbin cover would not close. I was so mad! But it was an item under $10 and I didn't think it was worth the hassle of returning it since I opened the pkg. So many bobbins look identical it makes it hard to know the right one. My manual didn't have the bobbin size in it either.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Jo Ann's told me they have a book with bobbin photos if you bring one in that fits your machine. I was complaining that I bought some on Amazon made by Brother that said "fits all Brother machines" and after I wound the first bobbin I tried putting it into the machine but it was a teensy weensy bit too high and my bobbin cover would not close. I was so mad! But it was an item under $10 and I didn't think it was worth the hassle of returning it since I opened the pkg. So many bobbins look identical it makes it hard to know the right one. My manual didn't have the bobbin size in it either.
                      Here's something you can do with the bobbin that you wound thread on, but it won't fit in your machine: Put the bobbin on the spindle where the spool of thread would go, and thread the machine the way you always do. I bought a huge cone of thread that I couldn't use on my machine, so I've wound a lot of it onto bobbins from an older machine that I can't use on my newer machine. I use them on the spindle on top of the machine and they work fine.

Comment

Be sure to note that there is a slight difference between class 15 and class 15J. Almost undetectable to my feeble eyes, but the machine knows the difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X