Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that put a ? over your head

Long story
    Last week while trying to FMQ my cat quilt and it giving me the devil of a time. I broke down and gave her a cleaning. First fighting of of of the kitties that loves my make up brushes I use for dusting the bobbin area. Every time I set it down she grabbed it and ran. The vacuum makes her run and hide so that was easy.
    Putting the machine back together I noticed the cutter blade was missing. Ok not a huge problem but an inconvenience. I look everywhere and could not find it. So I checked the vacuum and nothing. Called hubby at work and he said get the long magnet thing see if you can bring it up. Nope that did not work. Look online to order new one. Only place that had it was in the UK cost $8.50 not bad. Call my local Pfaff dealer explain to her what I need. She says * I will check that and the price and get back to you in 1/2 hour. OK progress. 2 1/2 hours go by no call. Call her back she says. Oh Sandi who takes care of parts is not in today she will be in tomorrow , but she has a class and then is on vacation. Ok call the next day when I get home from work. Talk to Sandi. Yes they have them in stock price $5.99. I said great can you set to aside I will be in Sat. Sure no prob. I head over there this morning to pick them up. Tell her they have something they are holding for me and my name and spell it. She checks the computer, Looks at me and says You have something here! Shes all excited. she says cutter blades? I said yes! She goes to get the package with my name on it and goes WOW so tiny I thought they would be huge... She ordered them and set them aside I was talking to Sandi this was Sandi. Anyway for $12.95 I have insurance. Mean time My hubby unscrewed the back and we popped it enough to let the piece drop out. 007.jpg
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Re: Things that put a ? over your head

Isn't that always the case. I had the same thing happen. I lost the cover to my bobbin area. Bought a new one and finally the lost one showed up. Insurance isn't a bad thing some times
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh yeah also have a spare bobbin cover and a spare needle threader gizmo. All insurance.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I do that with spices. At one time I had 4 little jars of curry powder in my cabinet, because I kept forgetting I had it. I only make curry dip about twice a year, and apparently I buy curry powder each time.
        I know I have three jars of cinnamon right now, and 3 garlic salt. No wonder I can't find anything I need. The cabinet is too full!

Comment

I have found that we sewing goddesses get into situations like this A LOT...)))) Great story! GB
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I had a big fat "?" over my head that was quite embarrassing. The local Chicago fabric shop has one evening a month where you can bring your machine and sew with some other ladies. So I bring my machine and forget the power pedal at home.

No problem! They are a babylock dealer and will gladly lend me a machine. So they bring it out and set it on the table. And there I stand - with a spool of thread in my hand - for about 5 minutes - with that ? over my head - looking for the spindle to put the spool on. So the owner comes over and flips up the top cover - Ta Dah - there's the spindle. Learn something new every day!

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
              I had a big fat "?" over my head that was quite embarrassing. The local Chicago fabric shop has one evening a month where you can bring your machine and sew with some other ladies. So I bring my machine and forget the power pedal at home.

No problem! They are a babylock dealer and will gladly lend me a machine. So they bring it out and set it on the table. And there I stand - with a spool of thread in my hand - for about 5 minutes - with that ? over my head - looking for the spindle to put the spool on. So the owner comes over and flips up the top cover - Ta Dah - there's the spindle. Learn something new every day!
              lol I left mine at home too! She took a cord off another machine.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I went on a sewing retreat with a girlfriend. It was just the two of us. We rented a condo fours from our home. Over the mountains in Eastern Washington. We get there, haul all of our stuff in, set up our machines and I have my foot pedal but no power cord. Of course the only LQS about 30 mins away is not a dealer for my machine brand and it did not occur to me another might work. My future daughter in law met me half way at the top of the mountain pass with the cord to save me the whole drive both ways. I haven't made that mistake again.

Comment

Working...
                X