Sewing vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing vacuum

I'm trying to find a tiny vacuum that can be used to remove lint from bobbin area. There are small vac. out there but their head is too large to fit in that area. There are also ones that can be plugged into a computer to dust a keyboard but the vac. power cord is a usb. Do sewing machines have usb ports? Anyone know if there is such a vacuum out there?
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: Sewing vacuum

Following this post. I need one too.

Comment

I want to know also.

Comment

There are mico mini vac attachments that have an adapter to fit onto your vacuum hose. The heads of each attachment are quite small. I have a set like this which was included with my vac but this may work for you. I use this on my computer and my sewing machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Vacuum-.../dp/B000BSJCLY

Do a search for mini micro attachments and compare details and read reviews. There's a lot of them on Amazon and eBay.
        Last edited by Sharyn J; October 22, 2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I use the shop vac with the adapter reduction set . Why shop vac you ask? Because I can make sure it is empty when I start so if I accidently suck a piece of the machine in I don't sift through a huge back of crap. Same reduction kit as Sharyn shows
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Got mine at Harbor Freight.
            Originally posted by brook View Post
            I'm trying to find a tiny vacuum that can be used to remove lint from bobbin area. There are small vac. out there but their head is too large to fit in that area. There are also ones that can be plugged into a computer to dust a keyboard but the vac. power cord is a usb. Do sewing machines have usb ports? Anyone know if there is such a vacuum out there?

Comment

I have the one Sharyn showed. My embroidery machine has a port.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Nancy's Notions has a teeny tiny vac for $29.99 plus add attachments for $6.99. I don't have it but the parts look really small and looks like it would work pretty good.

Comment

You can get a USB port adapter, that has a regular electric plug in. My cell phone charger has one.

Comment

My LQS sells those small attachments that can be used with one's reg. vac. cleaner. I think they cost ~$10.00. I use it more for vac'g my laptop & printer than I do the sewing machine. I like to use a small brush & the pipe cleaners to get out the fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by brook View Post
                      If you don't have a suitable vacuum ( an upright with no hose attachment) one of the little pet hair vacuums or its ilk will work. I've had a set of these tools since the early 2000s.

Someone else here uses pipecleaners to get dust and crud to where it can be vac'd. I use a Rocket Blower to blow some of the residue out to where I can get at it.

Comment

Ok, late one night I was doing some cleaning (and some drinking) I got creative and used masking tape to attach bendy straw to the hose on my vacuum and that worked surprisingly well!
                        Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by meliswan View Post
                          Ok, late one night I was doing some cleaning (and some drinking) I got creative and used masking tape to attach bendy straw to the hose on my vacuum and that worked surprisingly well!
                          I do stuff like that too. I have a food vac sealer, but most times I use a baggie and a straw to vacuum . lol
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

My machine doesn't have a USB port, but I usually have my laptop nearby to listen to audio books or play DVDs while I sew. Problem solved.

Comment

I have the attachments and got them from Nancy notions which just hook to any vacuum cleaner you already have. This works wonderfully. And I can also drop that down in the dryer vent and give the dryer a good cleaning while I have it out.
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X