Normal service has been resumed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal service has been resumed

After weeks of my machines being packed away, the wet room and the central heating installation is complete and yesterday I switched on my machine for the first time for ages.

I am hung up on Jenny's zipper pouches, had two cut out, so one is almost done. I decided to make zipper pouches for Christmas and put a gift inside.

I am struggling just now with wondering what to put in one for my grand daughter, as usual she has put the cart before the horse......she is expecting a baby at the end of March, she gets married next October. It was a big surprise to us all, especially her, she has polycystic overies and had been told she would not conceive naturally.

I have quite a few UFO's I want to tackle them before I start on anything new. One of them is a new quilt for our bed, another is putting the blocks together that I made as samples for the quilting group.

I am having a fabric amnesty..........not buying any more till I have used up what I have. No idea how long that will last though!!!
    ================================================== ==============

Re: Normal service has been resumed

Suggestions for your grand daugther's bag? A gift certificate for DIAPERS or a gift certificate for a special quilt for her wedding.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Always nice to give a new mom a gift of something to pamper herself. Bath products for her or gift certificate for a mani/pedi

Comment

Or gift cert for a massage, she can use it now or after the baby comes!

Comment

A gift card is always useful and that way she can buy for herself or the baby.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I vote for the gift card... it allows her to get what she is needing..
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

I'd put an "experience " card in her bag ... the card can only be used wth you and her. It will be her last time to just be your granddaughter before becoming a mom. So a card for dinner and a movie or you two go see a special exhibit at your local museum or something just the two of you would enjoy for an evening or afternoon. Babies especially grands are gifts .. no matter the timing I'm forever grateful my DD kept the pregnancy and kicked the "sperm donor" as I affectingly call him to the curb. You get an opportunity to spend precious time with your granddaughter and work on your UFOs. Perfect in my book
              Sherrie
              Life ain’t always beautiful
              But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

Congratulations. I like Sherrie's idea.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I third Sherrie's idea: an evening out for you and her doing something she loves.

Comment

Working...
                  X