Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Quilt Mini

Hello,

I know there has been discussion here about EQ7, but I couldn't find anything on the mini. Anybody using it? If so, what do you think? I am adverse to dropping over $200 for the entire program without trying it first, so I thought this might be a way to get my feet wet, but not if it's not worth it.

TIA.

Lynda

Re: Electric Quilt Mini

I have been considering the EQ7 and I stumbled upon the mini in a youtube somewhere. It's half the cost, but it doesn't do at least one of the things I want it to do. It won't import your scanned stash to let you see what your fabric will look like in a planned quilt. For me, that would be a deal breaker. I am relatively new to quilting (2 yrs.) and I bought material (mostly pre-cuts -just because I liked it) without specific projects in mind so now when I want to use it, I would like to see that material in a quilt. If you want to design a quilt and then fill it with certain colors from stash, the mini will let you look at that.

Hope that makes sense.
    Cindy

Comment

Thanks Cindy

Comment

I just watched this video by Laura this morning, check it out. She did a tutorial on the mini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxerv4CWveQ
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          I just watched this video by Laura this morning, check it out. She did a tutorial on the mini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxerv4CWveQ
          Yes, Monique, that's where I saw that. If you look at the comments under the video, the 1st comment is about the scanned vs. preloaded fabrics.
          Cindy

Comment

Thanks Monique. I didn't watch the entire video, but Laura's choosing a block and putting it in the "template" is what I don't want to do. I want to design from the beginning and I have no idea if this program does that.

Comment

I'd look at Quiltser ... from Quiltworx.com ... negatives you buy it for the year not forever and right now they only have quiltworx patterns loaded. ... But the promise is to load all kinds and types of patterns later. Positives .. you can buy for one month whenever you feel like designing a quilt, you can scan your stash into the program, it looks to be very easy to use ... for 10 bucks for 30 days .. at least you get a feel for the program. Your mileage may vary and that sort of thing ... but does look very interesting.
              Sherrie
              Life ain’t always beautiful
              But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

Originally posted by sherriequilts View Post
                I'd look at Quiltser ... from Quiltworx.com ... negatives you buy it for the year not forever and right now they only have quiltworx patterns loaded. ... But the promise is to load all kinds and types of patterns later. Positives .. you can buy for one month whenever you feel like designing a quilt, you can scan your stash into the program, it looks to be very easy to use ... for 10 bucks for 30 days .. at least you get a feel for the program. Your mileage may vary and that sort of thing ... but does look very interesting.
                Sherrie
                Sherrie,

Can't find that on their site. Can you provide a link please.

Thanks,

Lynda

Comment

Working...
                X