X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snippet
    replied
    Re: Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

I haven't done her mystery quilts before. But this one does intrigue me because she's using those tri recs rulers and I'd like to see them being used. I won't be making it, but I will read along and save the clues for another time.

Karen posted past mystery quilt groups and here is the new group: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=270

Leave a comment:

• Sheep Farmer
    replied

Yep! That's it.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Ok I give up! What is a mystery quilt? From all the comments it sounds like a BOM but without revealing what the entire quilt will look like.

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

The fabric requirements for this project were published yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
    I want to try a mystery quilt. When the new one gets posted, I hope someone will mention something on this site.
    I'm sure someone will, but keep in mind she posts the first "clue" Thanksgiving weekend - usually Friday morning, but I think she posted it Thursday night last year - an early surprise. She will announce the colors and yardage amounts before Halloween, I believe. I'm looking forward to it, even if I can't fully participate!

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    replied

I want to try a mystery quilt. When the new one gets posted, I hope someone will mention something on this site.

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

I have made the 3 last Mysteries and had a lot of fun. They are the kind of projects that require many many small units, but it is the system of piecing that suits me. I improved my accuracy a lot during the process. There are going to be HSTs in this next one, as she has recommended the new speciality tool for them. I will keep with my Easy Angle ruler, though.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Originally posted by PrettyCurious View Post
    I envy anyone who does a mystery quilt. I find it intriguing, as I like mysteries, and figuring stuff out.
    but I have to admit that I am afraid of doing a mystery quilt.
    I am afraid I might not like the result, OR that once it's finished I will look at it and wish I'd used some awesome fabric I was saving for just the right project, OR if I use some of my awesome fabric, that I'll wish I'd used some of my blah fabrics.
    There, I said it.
    Why don't you try just making 25% of the units she calls for. It should be enough for a wall hanging or table runner if you are not crazy about it. If you are happy, you can make more!

Leave a comment:

• PrettyCurious
    replied

I envy anyone who does a mystery quilt. I find it intriguing, as I like mysteries, and figuring stuff out.
    but I have to admit that I am afraid of doing a mystery quilt.
    I am afraid I might not like the result, OR that once it's finished I will look at it and wish I'd used some awesome fabric I was saving for just the right project, OR if I use some of my awesome fabric, that I'll wish I'd used some of my blah fabrics.
    There, I said it.

Leave a comment:

• SisterDi
    replied

I'm hoping to do it this year.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

My first BH mystery quilt was Celtic Solstice. I made a wall hanging instead of a full quilt. I made a full-sized Grand Illusion. I didn't do last year's mystery but I saved all the clues. Even if you don't make the quilt, you can follow along and save/print the steps as they are issued. They won't be available for long after the mystery ends because the quilt will be added to one of Bonnie's new books.

Leave a comment:

• quiltsRfun
    replied

I've done three of her mysteries. Or I should say, am working on. They're all close to being finished. Last year's was my favorite. Don't know about this year, I have so many other quilts to do. But I said the same last year then couldn't resist joining the fun. And I'm glad I did.

Leave a comment:

• Angelia
    replied

I did last year's and loved it. I also made Old Tobacco Road which was a mystery several years ago--though I just made it this year. I've done Jamestown Landing from her book, String Fling, and I've almost finished Pfeffernusse from the same book. Her newest book is wonderful--I made Carolina Chain for my mom in Christmas fabrics (shhh--don't tell her ), and I've started on Twirl Around. I guess you can tell--I'm a BIG fan! So looking forward to this year's mystery.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

I was going to do last years' but my life just got too complicated. I hope to do this years'

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=59

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=141

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=198

There have been groups in the past for a sew along

Leave a comment:

Working...
X