X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwil23
    replied
    Re: Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

I'm a big Bonnie Hunter fan. I have not done a mystery yet, the time of year just doesn't work for me. I did start last last year with a plan of making a few of each unit, but fell behind and didn't finish it. Last year's was more complicated and I think she said this year she will make it a little simpler. Just tonight I finished assembling her bricks and stepping stones pattern. It is really a fun quilt. If you can - I say go for it!

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied
    Re: Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

Love love love Bonnie Hunter!!! I started Grand Illusion, but didn't like my color choices and have since used some of the parts in other projects. I loved last years and it is on my list to make. She breaks the mysteries into manageable blocks - 4 or 9 patches, half square triangles, flying geese, etc.

I am currently working on Texas Tumbleweeds and Sisters Choice. My Cathedral Stars just needs borders.

Even if you don't get all of each step done, download the pattern steps as they are revealed and attempt to do some of the units. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process!

Leave a comment:

• janbee
    started a topic Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

I have enjoyed Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I know that it is almost time for her mystery quilt. Have any of you made one of her mystery quilts? I have not bought any of her books though her quilts are lovely. I am considering making her mystery quilt this year (as if I need another project). But I love to learn new things and her use of color and scraps intrigues me. The pictures I have seen of last year's quilt look very complicated. Any information would be appreciated.
Working...
X