X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuilterFrawg
    replied
    Re: Glow in the dark thread shreading

I haven't used that type of thread, but I bought one of these for tricky threads. Keeps thread from twisting, catching, or otherwise being troublesome. It might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmQeOC1Zaw

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

Changed the needle, just not to a different size. If I get the chance tomorrow I'll give it another go. I have a class on Saturday (yay for phones to remind me I have things scheduled) for my machine and I'll ask the instructor some questions about it.

Editing to add my thanks for the help ladies.

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

Uh oh! I am planning on using the Superior Glow in the Dark for a child's quilt. I am pretty sure it says on the spool what size needle to use (guessing it is a #90 topstitch/sharp). You could also send Superior an email asking for a solution to your problem. They are very good at responding.

Leave a comment:

• Ahamblin
    replied

I have used the glow thread for quite a few pillows. I use a 90 top stitch needle and reduce the speed to 400 spm for both my Pfaff and Babylock 10 needle. I only had a couple of thread breaks. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I think it might work if you get a needle for metallic thread. The hole is slightly larger.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    started a topic Glow in the dark thread shreading

Glow in the dark thread shreading

Insert mild (and not so mild) cursing here.

I picked up Coats and Clark glow in the dark polyester thread for my embroidery machine. Shreads like all get out. So I ordered a spool from Superior Threads thinking a better quality would do the trick. Nope. Both spools do nothing but shread.

I've lowered the machine speed. Rethreaded top and bobbin. Changed needles. Cleaned the bobbin area.

I'm at a loss here, and going under quickly. My sanity has vanished.
Working...
X