Glow in the dark thread shreading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glow in the dark thread shreading

Insert mild (and not so mild) cursing here.

I picked up Coats and Clark glow in the dark polyester thread for my embroidery machine. Shreads like all get out. So I ordered a spool from Superior Threads thinking a better quality would do the trick. Nope. Both spools do nothing but shread.

I've lowered the machine speed. Rethreaded top and bobbin. Changed needles. Cleaned the bobbin area.

I'm at a loss here, and going under quickly. My sanity has vanished.

Re: Glow in the dark thread shreading

I think it might work if you get a needle for metallic thread. The hole is slightly larger.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have used the glow thread for quite a few pillows. I use a 90 top stitch needle and reduce the speed to 400 spm for both my Pfaff and Babylock 10 needle. I only had a couple of thread breaks. Hope this helps.
      Ann

Comment

Uh oh! I am planning on using the Superior Glow in the Dark for a child's quilt. I am pretty sure it says on the spool what size needle to use (guessing it is a #90 topstitch/sharp). You could also send Superior an email asking for a solution to your problem. They are very good at responding.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Changed the needle, just not to a different size. If I get the chance tomorrow I'll give it another go. I have a class on Saturday (yay for phones to remind me I have things scheduled) for my machine and I'll ask the instructor some questions about it.

Editing to add my thanks for the help ladies.

Comment

I haven't used that type of thread, but I bought one of these for tricky threads. Keeps thread from twisting, catching, or otherwise being troublesome. It might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmQeOC1Zaw

Comment

Working...
            X