Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't ever venture into the never ending hole.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ever venture into the never ending hole.....

Of fabric you have put in a safe place!!

I decided a week ago today to straighten up my sewing room. Now, if anyone else would walk in right now, to include MM you would think it's a disaster zone, but it's greatly improved, really, it is!!

I am now in the closet. I swear to God, if that closet witch, aka Grace (Doloris will know what I'm talking about!!) jumps at me one more time, she is going in the trash!! She might go in there anyway!

I just found a kit I bought from Craftsy for a quilt I realllllly needed to make that is TWO YEARS OLD and never opened! Maybe I just need to be filling a suitcase for the I don't want it table at the retreat next year and you gals could love me a long time!!

Oh, and please, DON'T TELL MM!!!!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: Don't ever venture into the never ending hole.....

Haha we have all been there. Hopefully you'll some other cool stuff while you're in there!

Comment

I've also been finding stuff that has been hiding in the closet for years. So many patterns and fabrics for planned quilts, I must have thought I was a superwoman quilter as no normal quilter could make that many quilts in a normal lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
        Haha we have all been there. Hopefully you'll some other cool stuff while you're in there!
        Oh, I have!!! At this rate, I'll never die unless the pile falls over and smothers me to death!!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I went to visit DD this weeks days off and she said she would give me her scraps because she won't use them and she knows I will use anything. Well, two big boxes got loaded in my car and when I unloaded them, THESE WERE NOT my idea of scraps. There was a brand new unopened quilt kit (she didn't like the colors), several unopened fat quarter groups (not good quality they were from Joanns she said) a box of jelly rolls pieces (she sorted out the ones she liked and threw out the others) yds of fabric she just isn't going to use, homemade charms squares (nothing matches she said) New buttons, d rings, bias tape, blanket binding.
          I called a few minutes ago to thank her and she said she found another box! It will take me a REALLY longtime to work up all this fabric...but the Shriner children will be grateful.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

I have just begun unpacking and settling my sewing room after our big move. I guess I have been doing some buying in the interim, because I've found tons of purchases I totally forgot about! But it's ok, because I will get this room settled and be back to my love of quilting in no time.
            14690883_10207634849048801_8986250700639201868_n.jpg
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Oh, Libby....that's nothing! It does look like you have a nice big room!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Well there must be a hole around here I don't even know about, because after moving my sewing table and reorganizing what little stash I have I cannot find a baseball fabric I got to make something for my best friend. I swear it is the only thing missing. I don't have a closet, just those plastic storage drawers and a couple of boxes. Nothing is hiding anywhere, any bit I thought was missing has been found. Except this single piece of fabric that is driving me bonkers.

It's okay though. I was so slow in making her project that football is here so I just ordered her team's fabric and let's hope I finish it before baseball starts and I have to hang my head in shame again, haha!

Is there room for all of us in your closet Bubba? Sounds like fun in there!

Comment

There might be room for a few......I have about 1/4 of it emptied out!

Before the retreat when I was making all the zippered pouches, I was making them in a line for the different parts and somehow I lost one whole side of one of them!! I dug thru my wastebasket, I moved things, I asked Doloris is she snuck in and stole it. I never did find it! About a week before the retreat, I found a scrap of the fabric, just big enough to cut another half and did. It was one of my favorites out of the 50 I made!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Hahahahahahaha..... Who would have thought that nearly 3 years ago, when I started quilting and had ZERO quilting fabric..... fast forward to today - um... yeah, I could be busy for quite a while

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                      I have just begun unpacking and settling my sewing room after our big move. I guess I have been doing some buying in the interim, because I've found tons of purchases I totally forgot about! But it's ok, because I will get this room settled and be back to my love of quilting in no time.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]136481[/ATTACH]
                      Libby, It looks like you have a nice big sewing room!! Enjoy setting it up
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                        Oh, I have!!! At this rate, I'll never die unless the pile falls over and smothers me to death!!
                        Oh, but what a great way to go!

Comment

Last spring I bought corduroy to make jumpers for GDs. This summer when I wanted to make them fabric had disappeared. Now I take my fabric upstairs asap when I get home, so?? Went back bought more-goodnews it was reduced-so now I can make them in time for Xmas but the original still hasn't turned up!
                          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Haha. I'm currently looking for something that I stashed away somewhere that I need to complete a quilt for Christmas. Gonna tear this place apart today.

Comment

My sis was just here, and my BIL, said my sewing room looked like a store with all the fabric I had, and he didn't even see in the drawers of the armoir full of Jelly Rolls, and Layer cakes. I do need to get in there and really clean it up since I haven't done much in that room since the retreat. (It was a total disaster). I sent her home with stuff to make a PICU quilt, and told her to come shop my stash when she needed to. Pat, I am sure some of the things you talk about putting on the "I Don't Want It" table, would probably make great give aways for the drawings. I know I love getting kits and fabric bundles. Also love getting bags and purses. (hint hint)
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X