Paper Piecing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Piecing

I feel like I post too much. But you are all so helpful and I trust your opinion more than my husbands -lol.
    Next quilt is a paper pieced one. Now that I've completed the first section I've decided one big piece right in the middle is all wrong. I really don't want to unpick 5 other pieces to change it. Can I pull the paper off so I can unpick and sew in a different piece easier? I already have to take the big dark piece off the top since, duh, it was supposed to be white. Me oh my I sure do like making more work for myself - lol
    (Pattern from Craftsy, Quiet Play)
    IMG_0580.jpg
    Last edited by Longstocking; October 19, 2016, 01:55 PM.

Re: Paper Piecing

The middle piece might make more sense if the top were lighter. I do not know the answer to your question, sorry.

Comment

Cool AT-AT Walker! Whoever gets that will be thrilled!
      I agree, you do need to change the one light large triangle in the middle (needs to be dark)
      and the top strip needs to be background. Yes, you can do that, (remove the paper)
      just cut the triangle fabric out with a quarter inch seam allowance all around and substitute it in, then do the same for the strip across the top. Hope that makes sense!

Love Star Wars!!
      Do they have other patterns too?
      Are you doing an entire quilt of Star Wars paper pieced blocks?
      Can't wait to see your finished project!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

I would change the top piece first and see how it looks. I know nothing Star Wars and it looks fine to me!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I think it looks great. Change that bar on the top before you take anything else apart.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think that if it's the tan piece you want to move you would only have to rip the two seams holding the next pieces, take off the top piece and you should be able to switch in a dark piece, sew the two sides back on and put a light top on it.
            sigpic

Comment

Love it! Have I got it right that it's the middle light triangle? I'd leave that and either do some embroidery or appliqué on it, you could really have fun with that even just snipping a logo from Star Wars fabric or just stitching AT-AT.

Comment

Do you have enough fabric to just make a new block how you desire?
                Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

If I have to redo too many pieces of a block, I just start over. Use the one that didn't work out for the bottom of a coaster, so no fabric gets wasted. . . . and coasters are perfect for binding practice!
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I like the embroider-on-it idea (the middle piece.) You could embroider "pew-pew", that would be hilarious.
                    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Working...
                    X