I know you'll all be happy for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you'll all be happy for me...

DH and I were asked to be two of the four featured quilters at our local guild's annual show this year. It was a wonderful experience! I laughed when I was asked, thinking I didn't have enough quilts to show. By the time we finished getting some back from family members and friends, we had over 40 quilts in our display!

I hope you enjoy seeing what we came up with as "Meet the Quilters" for our guild.

(We were asked for an "action shot" by the photographer who was going around taking pictures of the show as we were setting up. I got grabbed and kissed good!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; October 18, 2016, 12:09 PM.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: I know you'll all be happy for me...

WOW Cyndi, what an honor for you and Jonas. And your quilts are simply amazing......you must be walking on air right now.

Comment

That is incredible! Of course, you are incredible quilters. It's wonderful that your local community recognizes how terrific you are.
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

So happy for you and Jonas!! It's no surprise to me that you were asked

Comment

Congratulations, that's awesome, and by looking at your quilts....totally deserving.

Comment

Congratulations! That's a terrific honor for some terrific quilters! Your quilts are wonderful.
            Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
              Congratulations! That's a terrific honor for some terrific quilters! Your quilts are wonderful.
              What Seaturtle said.
              Diana Grey

Comment

So much talent and creativity on display.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Wonderful displays and gorgeous quilts! That is an honor!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Cyndi, I always love and admire the pieces you show us, but when I see so many together I realize what an incredible artist you are! Congratulations to you and Jones on this much deserved honor!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow you have an amazing collection and what incredible talent!! Wish I could have seen them all in person, but I would still be there oohing and ahhing. Congratulations!

Comment

Absolutely awesome.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

I never thought I liked the churn dash block - until now! Amazing!
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Congrats Cyndi & Jonas! I remember you mentioning this awhile back. That's a great honor & recognition of your beautiful work. I love the way everything is displayed. It's nice to see all those quilts together.......I remember a lot of these.......even the plaid one that became a forum "group" project. Is that some of Jonas photography?

Wish I could have seen it all in person! Happy for both of you!
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Such an outstanding display of artistry and talent. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Like others have said, it would have been amazing to see them all in person. You two should be mighty proud!

Comment

Working...
                              X