Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Transport Your Sewing Machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Transport Your Sewing Machine?

Anyone have any niffy ideas? I know there are cases made especially for this but I'm wondering if anyone has created their own?
    Please show and tell!

Re: How Do You Transport Your Sewing Machine?

Sorry, I bought a trolley and use it. Best thing ever for carrying your machine, notions and fabric from place to place. I even took my machine from Texas to California on the train.

Comment

Same here and I bought the expensive Tutto brand and it is worth every cent. That thing has a metal frame and since I got a big one I can carry my machine and all the supplies I need for a retreat.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Here are some patterns I found for you.

http://debbieshore.blogspot.ca/2013/...gs-i-used.html

http://shop.amongbrendasquilts.com/p...ion_table_tote (this is a pattern to buy)
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Mine came with its own carry case and when it goes in the car, it always gets seat belted in. I'd hate to get hit in the head by it if I ever got in a wreck and it went airborne!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            Mine came with its own carry case and when it goes in the car, it always gets seat belted in. I'd hate to get hit in the head by it if I ever got in a wreck and it went airborne!
            I never thought of that. From now on, my machine is getting a seat belt!
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I bought one of those wooden crates from Walmart (Less than 10.00). Dh took it apart and made it smaller about 2 inches bigger than my machine. It sits in my trunk on a piece of that shelf liner for RvS. MY machine doesn,t move. I bought at the thrift store a small piece of carry on luggage. Just the right size for my notions as it has a lot of pockets (.?)

Comment

I also bought one of those Tutto carriers. It was well worth the money. I don't have to carry it from place to place - just lift it up into my car. My machine is belted in (inside the bag) and usually sits on the back seat. Never thought of using the seat belt for it though. I may have to try it. I was always afraid to put it in the trunk as I am afraid it will roll around on the wheels.

Comment

I got my Tutto carrier through my quilt shop. Someone was selling theirs and I got a discount. I love it. Holds everything I need for a class and it has wheels.

Comment

I have a bag on wheels that I bought years ago (way before I'd seen the Tutto bags. It works great! It fits my big Bernina with enough room for some supplies or my smaller vintage machines with enough room for all my class supplies.
                    Patrice S

Comment

Back in 2010, I bought a Bluefig Sewing Machine trolley wheeled case for my Janome 6600 and it was big enough for the machine and most of my notions etc when I went to classes or retreats. Now I have a Janome 3160 to use at classes and I use the Bluefig to also store the 3160. The Bluefig is made for sewing machines and is considerably less expensive than the Tutto bags. Mine has held up nicely but I only use it 4 or 5 times a year and only in the car. No train or plane travel.

https://www.google.com/#q=Bluefig+wheeled+bags

Comment

I'm definitely not creative enough to design my own machine tote. I travel a LOT with my sewing machine, so I bought the tote from JoAnn's with my 50% off coupon. It comes with the machine compartment and also 3 additional removable totes to carry notions, fabric, or your lunch.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                        The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I saw a picture on Pintrest and made a tote from that, adding pockets on each end, 1 long pocket on front for rulers and foam board in the bottom for strength. It is a little heavy, but I only go to classes about twice a year. I did notice others in my last class packs machine in a padded bag then straps it on a luggage caddy and rolls it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                            Wow... never thought of that! Thanks, Pat; I'm going to my first-ever quilting retreat next month, and that's what I'll do with Helga!

Comment

Working...
                            X