Thank you for the COC Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the COC Quilt

Thank you ladies for the COC quilt especially SANDY NAVAS who made the quilt and HELEN CUTLER who quilted it. It is beautiful. Your timing was perfect, as it was waiting on the front porch when we arrived home from a doctor's appointment where all the side effects of chemo were explained so we were feeling a little shell shocked. What a wonderful surprise. As you know my DH had asked me not to tell anyone (friends, family, etc) about his diagnosis--so I had a bit of "confessing" to do. Once I explained it and he unfolded the quilt he had tears in his eyes, we both did, we were so overwhelmed by your thoughtfulness. To both of us it represents the true kindness of strangers and hope that a cancer diagnosis isn't necessarily a death sentence. So thank you from both of us. We were very touched.

On a lighter note, he doesn't begin his chemo till a week from Monday. Next Saturday there's a big family wedding here, and one of our DD who lives in another state is coming in for it and will be staying with us for four whole days and bringing our two GK, ages 1 and 4. The 4 year old is going to be the flower girl. So that will be something fun to look forward to and to take our minds off of things. Also, the groom's stepfather is from Ireland and ten of his family members are coming over for the wedding, most of them this will be their first trip to the U.S.

So thank you again for the wonderful beautiful quilt. And thanks to everyone in general for letting me vent about this and share my worries. You are more help than you will ever know!
    Jocelyn

Re: Thank you for the COC Quilt

What a beautiful gift. Tears in my eyes, but my heart is warmed.

Comment

Glad to help with this one! Please keep us posted!!

BTW Helen deserves the credit for this one, along with Donna W., her cousin, who is a forum member and a COC group member.
      Last edited by Sandy Navas; October 15, 2016, 07:10 PM.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What a blessing to receive such a special gift. They truly are made with love. Karen made me one before my cancer surgery, and it gave me great comfort. It is also such a joy to make one, even when you don't know who the recipient is. God bless you and your DH. I know Sandy sewed many prayers in to it.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

That is so very sweet of them and wonderful to hear it brought such joy to you and DH. Enjoy the upcoming wedding and all the new family members that will bring. Prayers and hugs to you and DH as you walk this road together.
          Cindy

Comment

Jocelyn, this brought tears to my eyes also. You always keep these kind of moments in your heart. I hope you and your DH enjoy your family time and the wedding. It sounds like a fun weekend.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

What a wonderful random act of kindness. Our forum members are the most generous caring loving people I have ever encountered.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                Glad to help with this one! Please keep us posted!!

BTW Helen deserves the credit for this one, along with Donna W., her cousin, who is a forum member and a COC group member.
                Sandy you deserve some credit, too!

Helen has really felt honored to make COC's. - Helen is my cousin and one of the best persons you could ever ask to meet. She is a two time cancer survivor herself. Her first time was about 18 yrs ago and the second round was four years ago now, but she has now been given the "all clear". She and I are both praying for a full recovery. Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and can relax and enjoy your family - especially the grandbabies.
                Donna

Comment

What a wonderful surprise for you both. Enjoy the time with your family and friends. Prayers go with you both

Comment

We love ya and know how much a COC means. DD#2 went thru chemo last year and just got a 6 month "all clear". She still cherishes the Quilt she received.. knowing all those prayers stitched into it has gotten her thru some very tough times.

We added you to our prayers for a full recovery...
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

What a loving gift!
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Working...
                      X