Just spent the day in Hamilton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spent the day in Hamilton!

My mom and I have been on a road trip through part of the Midwest - an area of the country neither of us has ever visited before. It was planned around a shopping trip to Hamilton, of course. This was our last stop, and we head home tomorrow.

Aside from the abundance of beautiful fabric and the friendly people, I'm so impressed with just how well done everything is. The shops are clean and spacious, they're accessible, lots of chairs handy for when mom got tired, snazzy elevator to go up to the second floor stores, cute little touches everywhere. Well worth the trip if you can make it - even if you think it's no big deal because you can order everything online. I have easy access to some really nice quilt stores in Austin and Houston, but I was still wowed by this little town and everything they've done here.

Good food too! And we stayed at one of the new local inns and it was very convenient and clean.

Just nothing but good things to say about it all. And yes, I bought plenty!

Re: Just spent the day in Hamilton!

I can but dream!

Comment

I'm glad you had a good trip there.I hope to get there some day,my husband looks at me like i'm crazy when I say I want to go to a quilt store in Missouri.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Itching to go back and hoping we can squeeze in a day trip once our "busy" time of year settles down. I have two friends with babies due in March - need to get crackin' on a couple of baby quilts. One I need to make specifically in grey and yellow. I know I'll find just what I need at M*!!

Comment

So glad you enjoyed your day there. It really is a special place. I would live there if I could. Seriously. It is such a friendly, homey little town. But a trip once or twice a year will have to do.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X