Walker Caddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker Caddy

I know there are a bunch of freebie walker caddy patterns on the net, but I wanted to ask those of you have made one if you have a favorite pattern. What items do people typically put into the caddy? TV remote, glasses and what else?

I need to make one for a man who just had knee surgery and I would love your suggestions for a pattern and also what items are toted around so I can decide on pockets. Ties to the bottom section, or not? Any special tips? I looked on Pinterest but there's almost too many to view and many are just for sale and not patterns.

Re: Walker Caddy

Cellphone and wallet pockets are handy.

Comment

glasses, phone, tv remote... and does he have something like a kindle for reading? Does he read paperback books, maybe slot for that.

Comment

My mother in law constantly has a bottle of water with her. Perhaps a pocket for that?

Comment

Tissues......they always have tissues.....at least the women do.

Comment

When my brother had to use a walker, he wanted to carry a glass of tea! Nearly impossible in a fabric caddy. He ordered a little walker drink holder type basket from Amazon. Is your friend going to need a walker "forever" or is it just temporary? I would just ask him what he needs to carry and adjust the caddy to his specific needs. I used a Simplicity pattern to make one for my uncle who was in an assisted living home. His need was "forever" and he carried his cell phone, wallet, book, tissues, etc.

Comment

Great suggestions! I forgot about many of these items that one may need to tote around.
              I do not know the gentleman. He is the father of my son's friend. By the time I wait for my son to get the info, he will be healed and walking normally, therefore, I knew I could count on my forum friends for ideas. Now I just need to find a suitable caddy pattern. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

My father put his smokes and lighter in there.

I didn't use a pattern when I made his, just measured the width between the handles, and how long I wanted it to be. I doubled the length measurement, and added a few inches to go over the top bar, and for seam allowance. The bag draped over the bar, and had pockets in front and back of the walker. I secured it with kam snaps just under the bar, and side ties made from the same fabric as the bag. I used a plaid flannel so it would be manly enough.

If that isn't clear enough, imagine a saddle bag. The "saddle" in this case was the top bar of the walker.

Like this one, kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfmuXQ_moc

Comment

Working...
                X