My new Sew Steady table came today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Sew Steady table came today

Unfortunately, it stands taller than my machine bed. At the highest, there is about 3/8" difference. We are thinking the utility table on which my machine is sitting is warped because of the weight of the machine. The height is uneven, and we can see that the Sew Steady is straight and even. Grrr! I think we are going to put a pad under the machine. A thin piece of wood, perhaps. Or we could prop up the utility table from underneath. But that would take up my leg space somewhat.

Re: My new Sew Steady table came today

Is that with the legs adjusted to their lowest height?

Comment

Yes, I believe so. There is about 3/16" gap between the tube part and the end cap, which does not seem to tighten down any further.

Comment

I'd go with the pad under the machine. Maybe use some shims to get it level. I love my Sew Steady table.

Comment

Yes, we're going to do what we can to improve the level plane. I am so excited to get started on this. But we are going to go visit my siblings in Nashville for a long weekend, so the 4 quilt tops I have will just wait till I get back.

Comment

My mother got one for my Bernina. It is so nice. I had to do some fiddling around to get it just right, but it makes so much difference. Congratulations.
            The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

I'd try a pad first and then if that doesn't work something a bit more solid. Perhaps with a pad on top to cushion the vibration of the machine.
              Patrice S

Comment

Try a Martelli no-slip foot pedal or machine pad under your machine only. Should be about the right thickness to make up the difference. I have one under my serger and it also really quiets the machine.

Comment

Working...
                X