• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    songbird857

• songbird857
    replied
    Re: Zipper

If you really like the look of this zipper (metal teeth, interesting texture, oversized teeth, etc), use it as a trim somewhere on a bag or pillow... if it's just a ordinary nylon type, why sweat it? Toss it

Leave a comment:

• Murphy224

• Murphy224
    replied

you can buy zipper repair kits at places like Joann, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc. They only cost a couple of dollars and have pulls in them. Just add a pull to your leftover length and use in a project. I think that would be less expensive than buying a new 14" zipper which is what you have if you cut 8 inches off a 22 inch zipper. It is kinda tricky getting a pull onto the teeth of a zipper, there is a you tube video out there that shows the trick in doing it.

Leave a comment:

• snippet

• snippet
    replied

lots of uses for that scrap zipper - key fobs, hanging tabs, etc. Some people even make jewelry and little flowers from them.

Leave a comment:

• bubba

• bubba
    replied

You can buy extra zipper tabs to put on it....use it as trim....make a flower....put it in the trash!! I don't worry about it because I buy my zippers in large quantities so it does not bother me when I cut them....just toss them in the trash.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear

• Pandabear
    replied

Originally posted by katier825 View Post
    Lazy Girl Designs uses zippers/leftovers in many ways. Check out their blog.

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-d...pper-technique
    I second this. Look at the Fobio and the Sweetpea Pods.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry

• grammaterry
    replied

sounds like a lot of extra work. Have you thought of buying shorter zippers.

Leave a comment:

• katier825

• katier825
    replied

Lazy Girl Designs uses zippers/leftovers in many ways. Check out their blog.

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-d...pper-technique

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H

• Sylvia H
    replied

You can make loops with each leftover piece and sew them inside a seam. Somewhat like the loop on a pot holder (although I would not use them for a pot holder!) I could see a small wall hanging having a loop at each end at the top and using that to hang it on an ornamental hanger. Also, could be loops on a small fabric basket.

I think you can also buy additional pulls, but don't know how much that would cost.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

I'd be curious too :-)

Leave a comment:

• Claudiaj

• Claudiaj
    started a topic Zipper

Zipper

Any suggestions as to what to do with an unused portion of a zipper. I used 8" plus the pull of a 22" zipper. I hate to dispose of it.
    Claudia
Working...
X