Zipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipper

Any suggestions as to what to do with an unused portion of a zipper. I used 8" plus the pull of a 22" zipper. I hate to dispose of it.
    Claudia

Re: Zipper

I'd be curious too :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

You can make loops with each leftover piece and sew them inside a seam. Somewhat like the loop on a pot holder (although I would not use them for a pot holder!) I could see a small wall hanging having a loop at each end at the top and using that to hang it on an ornamental hanger. Also, could be loops on a small fabric basket.

I think you can also buy additional pulls, but don't know how much that would cost.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Lazy Girl Designs uses zippers/leftovers in many ways. Check out their blog.

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-d...pper-technique

Comment

sounds like a lot of extra work. Have you thought of buying shorter zippers.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by katier825 View Post
            Lazy Girl Designs uses zippers/leftovers in many ways. Check out their blog.

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-d...pper-technique
            I second this. Look at the Fobio and the Sweetpea Pods.

Comment

You can buy extra zipper tabs to put on it....use it as trim....make a flower....put it in the trash!! I don't worry about it because I buy my zippers in large quantities so it does not bother me when I cut them....just toss them in the trash.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

lots of uses for that scrap zipper - key fobs, hanging tabs, etc. Some people even make jewelry and little flowers from them.

Comment

you can buy zipper repair kits at places like Joann, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc. They only cost a couple of dollars and have pulls in them. Just add a pull to your leftover length and use in a project. I think that would be less expensive than buying a new 14" zipper which is what you have if you cut 8 inches off a 22 inch zipper. It is kinda tricky getting a pull onto the teeth of a zipper, there is a you tube video out there that shows the trick in doing it.

Comment

If you really like the look of this zipper (metal teeth, interesting texture, oversized teeth, etc), use it as a trim somewhere on a bag or pillow... if it's just a ordinary nylon type, why sweat it? Toss it

Comment

Working...
                    X