Having sewing withdraws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having sewing withdraws

I haven't been able to sew for the past 5 days, I'm having withdraws. My sewing room is packed up ready for our big move this Saturday. Binge watching quilting videos and online window shopping at MSQC in my "spare time" isn't helping. I probably won't get to my sewing machine until Wednesday of next week! My family expects me to unpack the kitchen first!
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: Having sewing withdraws

I am a military wife and when we were changing bases stateside, I always took my machines with me. Expensive things sometimes get lost and machines settings etc. damaged. I always felt better when I knew they were not being handled by strangers. Overseas moves were a completely different story. Best of luck with your move and your new beginnings.

Comment

Do you have any projects that you can do hand stitching on? Maybe even cross stitch or embroidery?
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
        Do you have any projects that you can do hand stitching on? Maybe even cross stitch or embroidery?
        I've been knitting! Most of my projects are boxes are at the new apartment, tomorrow my sister is coming NJ to help with th email packing and unpacking!
        Carrie

Comment

How far are you moving Carrie?
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

About 17 miles from our house! Thankfully not across the country Been there, got the T-shirt, don't want to do that for awhile.
            Carrie

Comment

Good luck on the move and soon you will be back in your sewing room. Get the kitchen unpacked so they can make their own meals.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
              X