Houston Show question tangent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Show question tangent

I was considering going to the Houston show. I live in Chicago but travel to Houston on business. My question is to anyone who has been to both the Houston show and the show in Rosemont (just west of Chicago) - How do they compare in size and scope? thanks!

Re: Houston Show question tangent

I've been to Houston 3 times, Chicago once. Both were good but I thought Houston was overall bigger and better attended. Similar scope / breadth but just a little bit more of everything in Houston if that makes sense. Of course, this could just have been my perception. I was living close to Chicago so going home each evening rather than staying 'at' the show / hotel overnight, so maybe I just didn't feel as immersed in everything as I do in Houston (when I stay at hotel that is inevitably filled with fellow quilters LOL) Given the choice, I would just go to whichever one is closest / most convenient because you really can't go wrong with either. Have fun!
    Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

This may be a "bit tacky" and coming from a Texan
      Everything is Bigger in Texas!

Sorry, I just could not resist

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
        This may be a "bit tacky" and coming from a Texan
        Everything is Bigger in Texas!

Sorry, I just could not resist
        LOL Mamo! It's true! I've been to the Houston Quilt Festival numerous times since I live in NW Houston area. It's awesome and worth the trip. My friend and her mom came from Oregon last year and she said it's so much better than the shows they have there.
        Patrice S

Comment

A couple years ago I met three sisters that had travelled first, to Portland to go to Fabric Depot, then drove up to Puyallup to attend SewExpo. They told me this was the last expo type show they had on their list to attend, the other two being the one in Houston and the one near Chicago. All three told me that they thought the one here was larger than the other two were. They were attending everyday it was open and taking several classes and having the time of their life! Between this one and the other two, they said this was the one they would come to again.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            A couple years ago I met three sisters that had travelled first, to Portland to go to Fabric Depot, then drove up to Puyallup to attend SewExpo. They told me this was the last expo type show they had on their list to attend, the other two being the one in Houston and the one near Chicago. All three told me that they thought the one here was larger than the other two were. They were attending everyday it was open and taking several classes and having the time of their life! Between this one and the other two, they said this was the one they would come to again.
            I've been to SewExpo within the last year or so and just completed 2 days at the Houston show (my first time attending). With all due respect to the ladies you mention....No way is SewExpo bigger than houston. I spent "maybe" 3 hours at SewExpo exploring the vendors and 8 hours in exploring the vendors in Houston....With no breaks. Even had to circle back on day 2 to flow up on the "maybe I'll buy something booths". I had a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X