• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SisterDi
    replied
    Re: Bean bag chair filler?

Originally posted by QuilterFrawg View Post
    Do you have a photo? I'll bet that was a cute mess!
    Sadly, no pics. My kitties have been gone for over a decade, and I had no camera at the time.

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    replied

The fabric line is called "Bohemia" by Julie Paschkis, and it's out of print so you may have to hunt to find it. (I wound up with a spare panel of it though.)

And unfortunately beans and other "food storage" items would be far too heavy. I have to eventually get it to her, and I fear beans would make the package expensive to send!
    Last edited by midnightline; October 10, 2016, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by QuilterFrawg View Post
    I was going to ask that too!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
    have you considered food storage for the filler since you will have a liner. Rice, beans...you know...prepper stuff.
    Good Lord, no one would be able to move the chair because of the weight

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

have you considered food storage for the filler since you will have a liner. Rice, beans...you know...prepper stuff.

Leave a comment:

• liz72703
    replied

That is stunning! If you don't mind me asking, what is that fabric with the animals on it? I love it!

Leave a comment:

• QuilterFrawg
    replied

Originally posted by SisterDi View Post
    I'd choose the bigger stuff. Mostly because, if there's a spill, there will be fewer beans to clean up.

Have you ever seen two kitties covered in tiny foam pellets? I can laugh about it now...

Leave a comment:

• SisterDi
    replied

I'd choose the bigger stuff. Mostly because, if there's a spill, there will be fewer beans to clean up.

Have you ever seen two kitties covered in tiny foam pellets? I can laugh about it now...

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

I wasn't even aware that they made "biggie" filler. I am assuming that it is just bigger beads. The regular stuff is so small you can't feel each piece when sitting on it. I would think that as long as the bigger stuff isn't too big that it would be ok. If it is 1/4" or so I doubt your rear end could tell the difference when sitting on a bag full of it.

Leave a comment:

• midnightline
    started a topic Bean bag chair filler?

Bean bag chair filler?

Okay, technically not a quilting question but still a sewing question.. I'm making my sister a bean bag cushion for Christmas and I need to figure out what to fill it with... Does anyone know what the difference is between regular bean bag filler and biggie bean bag filler in terms of how well they work for bean bag chairs and such? I was thinking of using the biggie bean bag pellets because they're larger and easier to handle, but not if they're going to make the seat less comfortable.

The top:
    bbtop.jpg

The finished casing (with a pillow to give it some dimension):
    bb.jpg

I'm going to make a liner and fill that with the beads... the casing has a zipper so it can be removed and washed.
Working...
X