Micron Markers, Today's DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micron Markers, Today's DD

Are these used for labeling your quilt? Who uses them? Do you like them?

Re: Micron Markers, Today's DD

Love them -use them for labeling. Also, my grand daughters have used them to paint small pictures on muslin to label some quilts.

Comment

OOOPs pens. We used them for machine embroidery when bobbin thread came to top. Have used them on certain quilt blocks the same way.

Comment

I purchased them a while back when they were the DD. I thought I'd use them to label quilts, but I print my labels instead cuz I don't really like my own handwriting.
        But these are great pens to have on hand since they are permanent, fine print and come in a variety of colors.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
        The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I have had poor results with the Micron pens. After just a few washes the ink faded. I now use Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric and it's awesome. When I first got it I wrote on a scrap of white fabric and put it through the was several times and nothing has faded.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I appreciate this feedback. I am new to the idea of quilt labels, and forget to do them most of the time, but I would not want to lose the label through washing.
            Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              I have had poor results with the Micron pens. After just a few washes the ink faded. I now use Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric and it's awesome. When I first got it I wrote on a scrap of white fabric and put it through the was several times and nothing has faded.
              That is a great review. I like doing experiments like that too.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have one Micron black pen and I found it faded like Barb said. I've heard lots of good things about the Pentel Gel fabric markers.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

We can all thank Preeti Harris for telling us about the Pentel Gel Markers. I, too, find them the best for writing a quilt label. I also used them for my daughter's wedding guest quilt. Now - if she would only decide what pictures she wanted, I could get that quilt made!
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thanks for relating your experiences with these. I am not in the habit (yet) of labeling my quilts, but I think I need to start.

Comment

I got those last time around, I haven't tried a quilt label with them as I'd intended. Imstead I've used them for coloring books. I do seem to remember something about heat setting the ink, but also that they weren't specifically made for fabric.

What cracked me up was the suggestions of what to go with today's DD. Pens, pens, and more pens Nothing else!

Comment

I've used them for red work before. You trace the pattern with a color that matches your thread. But then you have to make sure you stitch carefully over it (no changing the design).

Comment

Working...
                        X