Janome Skyline 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome Skyline 3

I'm thisclose to pulling the trigger on buying a Janome Skyline 3 ... I spent over an hour with an authorized dealer and she answered just about very question I had .. but I left without asking one: I have about 200 bobbins for my Brother, Class 15 .... can I use them in the Janome?

I would welcome any thoughts ..pros or cons on why I should or shouldn't buy this model.

Thanks!

Re: Janome Skyline 3

http://www.sewingmachinewarehouse.co...FQgxaQod1aUHhQ

Looks like a sweet machine. Is she giving you a good price? Also, what would their customer service be like?

I don't have a Jonome but have heard good things about them.

Guys spend a lot on tools and vehicles. This is a tool for you. If you can afford it, go for it. You deserve it.
    Vonnie

Comment

Yes, great price and great service .. they're located about 20 min from my house. All I've heard nothing but good things about Janome so I think I'll be happy.
      And yes, guys do spend a ton of money on tools .. my husband spent 2k on a ride on lawn mower a yr ago .. so this new sewing machine is a bargain!

Comment

All of my Janome machines use class 15 bobbins. I have a Janome embroidery machine, so I'm not in the market, but the Skyline series looked to fill a niche market of a good machine at a modest price! (same market as the 6300, 6500, 6600) Hope it works out for you!

Comment

I have a 8900 purchased new and a Skyline S 5 purchased used ... I only use genuine Janome bobbins ... there is a slight difference between the standard class 15 bobbins and Janome bobbins .. it is slight but there is a difference in the curvature and spindle length. I would ask the dealer for their opinion so you don't void your warranty. I do love the 8900 for its harp space but honestly if anything happened to my Skyline .. that machine I would replace in a heartbeat. Don't tell my husband as the 8900 was a gift and the Skyline I bought for a song just to travel with ... it's just a sweet machine..so yes you should get the Skyline but don't sell yourself short on accessories. Your husband wouldn't use old gas in that new mower would he?? Neither should you
          Sherrie
          Life ain’t always beautiful
          But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

Hold off for a week or so, if you can. My local Janome dealer said the Skylines will be on sale in mid-October. She's going to call me... I may be pulling that trigger with you!

Liz

Comment

My LQS called and there's not a sale, but Janome is offering 0% financing for 48 months, through 10/31. Just thought I'd let you know!

Liz

Comment

Thanks for the info Liz!
                Still on the fence .. I'll probably head down there the end of the week and give it another whirl and then decide.

Comment

I have the S5 and I love love love it! Bought it last year late October and got 0% financing. I hope this works out for you.

Comment

Pulled the trigger today!
                    It's beautiful.
                    It's quiet.
                    It's fast.
                    It's wonderful ... so far anyway!
                    I've only played with it for a little bit, hoping to play some more later.

Comment

Working...
                    X