Quiltsmart printed interfacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiltsmart printed interfacing

Has anyone ever used this product to make a quilt? It seems like an interesting concept but I'm wondering how much bulk you get in your seems. And if it is difficult to quilt through when the quilt is pieced.

Re: Quiltsmart printed interfacing

As a matter of fact, yes, I'm working on a scrappy quilt now using the Quiltsmart interfacing.

I had a thread earlier also asking about gridded interfacing, and got some great advice and Quiltsmart was recommended

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=64543

As I said, I'm in the process on working on this scrappy quilt, and have started machine quilting it, using a walking foot, in a cross hatch pattern, with the quilting going right thru the corners of the blocks, and I'm not having any trouble whatsoever. Not sure how it'll go with FMQ. The main thing is to be sure to press all your seams open, which is actually the hardest part of using this method. The quilt top is stiffer than a quilt without the interfacing, but not so much that I'm going to mind it, but hopefully will be able to finish this one soon, and give it a wash to see if it softens up a bit more.

Work in progress (auditioning borders):
    scrappy.jpg

Comment

I am in the process of doing the Lone Star, I have put this away for a short while.

Comment

I have made a purse with it and really did not notice much extra bulk from the interfacing. It is pretty sheer.
        Debbie

Comment

I'm not sure if it was the same brand but I used it for a watercolor pillow I made. It made it very easy. A little stiffer on the pillow front but it was fine. I've been wanting to make a pixelated Minecraft quilt and would definitely use this again for that.
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
            I am in the process of doing the Lone Star, I have put this away for a short while.
            the Lone Star is what I was interested in trying.

Comment

Thanks so much for the link. Recently I have been pressing my seams open more and more so that part I won't mind. Maybe I can just pick up a piece of the interfacing and experiment before I try the quilt I'm interested in.

Comment

Be sure and check her video on this. Great tips!

Comment

I've used some of their stuff. I don't feel it is noticeably bulky. It is a pretty soft interfacing
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                  X