What is a trunk show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a trunk show?

I seen mention about Jenny's trunk show but don't know what it is??

Re: What is a trunk show?

All the quilts that someone has made are folded neatly and placed in a 'trunk' or a tote or other container. These are easily (sometimes) transported to the site of an event and are lifted out of the 'trunk' and shown to the audience with a description of the process. In Jenny's case there are about 50-60 quilts and she has a board where she lays out a block and shows you how to make variations of it to create a different pattern in the quilt.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

There are also trunk shows for new fabrics and fashion. I went to one that were things from Bali.If you really think about it, Tupperware parties are sort of a trunk show.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Do people still do Tupperware parties?

Comment

I think so. My step dd invited me to one a long time ago. I didn't go. I don't know how they survive with all the big box stores. But I think they have a life time guarantee.

http://www.tupperware.com/shop/top-sellers.html
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I haven't seen any, shows or otherwise, in many years.

Comment

We had a Tupperware kiosk in one of the malls here but this summer when I wanted to buy Tupperware for a wedding shower gift it was gone.

Comment

I have been to Jenny's trunk show. If you have a chance, it is worth the time to go!! She has lots of quilts some are the same pattern made in different color ways which is really neat. Her descriptions and stories about the quilts are worth the price of admission. She really could be a stand up comic. I loved the flannel board where she demonstrates how quilt blocks can be changed around to make a bunch of different designs. Would love to go again.

Comment

Originally posted by janbee View Post
                  I have been to Jenny's trunk show. If you have a chance, it is worth the time to go!! She has lots of quilts some are the same pattern made in different color ways which is really neat. Her descriptions and stories about the quilts are worth the price of admission. She really could be a stand up comic. I loved the flannel board where she demonstrates how quilt blocks can be changed around to make a bunch of different designs. Would love to go again.
                  If I remember correctly, Jenny said in one interview that when she was young, she had aspirations to be an actress, but ended up in wardrobe instead. I'd say she has come full circle, being in front of a rapt audience!

Comment

I still have some Home Interiors items on my walls. I've often wondered if they still have those in-home shows? I'm still using some of my Tupperware. It is the rust - gold colorway. I have a gal who sells Avon, but she doesn't come around to your house. I just call her whenever I need something. (I look at the on line web site first.) It's cheaper to have her get it for me than to pay the shipping with ordering on line. My DGD was involved for a time in selling candles at in-home parties. Do they still home Mary Kay parties?

Comment

Originally posted by janbee View Post

I will be attending one of Jenny's trunk shows this month here in Kentucky. I can't wait. It will be my first time seeing Jenny in person!

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                      The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I love the old round canisters by Tupperware...they come in orange, gold and green. I have the orange and gold sets....looking for green. My MIL says they also came in blue.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                          I love the old round canisters by Tupperware...they come in orange, gold and green. I have the orange and gold sets....looking for green. My MIL says they also came in blue.
                          This one?
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tupp...gAAOSw4shX6aEa

It has 15 bids!
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have the orange and gold canister sets from a very long time ago, but my most favorite piece of Tupperware are my 1 quart yellow strainers. I had 3, but one broke over the summer so now I have 2. I got my MILs by taking it from the estate Rummage sale we had. My SIL didn't want it and it was for sale for 50 cents. I love Tupperware. I have lots of it.

Comment

This has turned out to be a great thread!!! I was educated then a trip down memory lane, unfortunately my Tupperware has long since gone so now I buy the loc n loc boxes but they're not the same!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X