Day late and dollar short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day late and dollar short

I was standing in line at Value Village to purchase $10.00 worth of fabric...Yes, I found all kinds of cool cotton fabrics at my VV, anyway, a elderly couple was ahead of me and I started talking to them. I asked, "What are you buying today? I am loading up on fabric? They proceeded to show me, their $6 Singer machine that worked!" It was nice looking machine too! I never found stuff like that! Day late and dollar short is my middle name.
    Last edited by ucarrieme; October 1, 2016, 02:53 PM.
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: Day late and dollar short

Sounds like you found a bargain with the fabric. Too bad you missed the machine but at least it found a good home. Who knows, maybe they needed it more than you did.

Comment

I have never found a sewing machine at my VV, maybe I should move to Washington state!! Sometimes I find fabric but almost always some kind of horrible double knit from the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
        I have never found a sewing machine at my VV, maybe I should move to Washington state!! Sometimes I find fabric but almost always some kind of horrible double knit from the 70's.
        I got about three yards of solid yellow and pink and a couple yards of simple pattern all cotton! The fabric washed up pretty well. The key is to look often!

My best score was 5 yards of Kona white a couple of months ago. $3.99
        Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

And...you know what...your machine probably still works and they probably needed one
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X