Throwing hand up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing hand up

Have you ever just thrown your hands up and said --- put this away (trash) and work on something else?
    I purchased the quilt kit, took the class and my blocks are just NOT working!
    Now this is a quilt with Flying Geese. I have never done flying geese so this is entirely new to me.
    Oh, my geese look like some have "flown into the side of a barn"-- others are picture perfect (not many !)
    So, have you ever just said "not enough good ones to continue"?

Re: Throwing hand up

Yes. Put it aside and find something easier to work on for awhile. Go back to it another day.

Comment

I seem to be in that position a lot in the last month. It stinks grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Put it away and work on something you are pretty sure you will succeed at. Reinstitute the confidence!
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Cleopatra's Fan. First 20 blocks put m nerves on edge trying to keep all the points in place. Put it away for more than a year. Took it out again last month, now I'm almost done. Its 60 blocks total

Comment

I did a pinwheel a few years ago before I had Forum help and it was very frustrating. Way above my skill level. The fabric and pattern were gifted to me and I didn't like the colors. I tried and tried. I did finish it and it wasn't lovely, but at least it was out of my life. Then I gave it awayso I didn't have to look at it. I probably have a phobia against pinwheels (1 inch ones) and won't do them again.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

I tossed a paper piecing project. It just jut wasn't fun for me. The other one was when my puppy peed on a charm pack on the floor. I put it in a laundry bag and it was so messed up,I didn't want to iron it, and I actually like to iron.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have 42 snowballed charm squares that look like I was blind and drunk when I made them, lol. They are in the bottom of a drawer and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with them.

Comment

Put it away for now and come back to it later. Sometimes, a little distance is all you need!
                Cindy

Comment

@shirleyknot: Haha, my mom also had to put Cleopatra's fan away because e it wasn't coming out the way she wanted. She keeps talking about going back to it and using the glue basting method, but I've yet to see her do so...

Comment

Maybe start a new club? You could call it Take My Wonky Project. You post a picture of the project and all the fabric. You then exchange your project with another member of the group and you both finish or re-purpose the project and decide if you want to trade back!
                    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I once used dissappearing ink to mark my stitch lines during my first attempt at HST's on all 240 pieces. It took so long that I decided to sew them the next day. Guess what happened? That was also my first UFO!
                      Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

A few years ago I pieced a huge blue jean quilt. The thing is sandwiched and ready to quilt and is laying in the closet floor. It eats up all the floor space in my sewing closet. Its heavy, so heavy it hurts my arthritic wrist to lift it. I should cut it down, but the idea of the monster makes me sick. DH wanted me to make it and I just have no desire.

Comment

To Carolnnc: Sounds like a great idea to me!

Comment

Mine get sentenced to the closet where they whither away and die.
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyCurious View Post
                              Yeah. I once used dissappearing ink to mark my stitch lines during my first attempt at HST's on all 240 pieces. It took so long that I decided to sew them the next day. Guess what happened? That was also my first UFO!
                              Oh no! Sounds like something I would do!

Comment

Working...
                              X