Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a fabric stasher! I'm not! Not, not, not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm not a fabric stasher! I'm not! Not, not, not!

Fabric jumps out at me too and I can't say no. So I know where you are coming from.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
      Fabric jumps out at me too and I can't say no. So I know where you are coming from.
      Me too! It's speaks to me! "You can use me in something! Buy me!"
      Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
        Some people make mini quilts and hang them up all over the house. Well not me. When I find a fabric that I love, and want to see it every day, I make a small "quilt" usually with blocks no more than 4" square, and line my kitchen drawers and cabinets with them. I even hand quilt them, my grown daughters think I am crazy for wasting my time like this. They are everywhere, in my silverware drawer, lining the shelf where I keep my flower vases, on the shelf where my coffee cups are, in my cupboard underneath the wine glasses, in the large drawer where I store my pots and pan lids, even under my toaster. They are small projects and I make one when I need a break from making a bed size quilt and feel the need to get it out of my system because "that fabric" is haunting me and taunting me to use it. So I am confident you will come up with something cute and clever for those cute flamingos but it will probably bug you day and night till you come up with something!!
        I just love this suggestion. I own that fabric too for the same reasons you got it. Your post made me think of using it for a hexie project or maybe a three square table runner with Lucy Boston blocks. Wow, thanks, I'll have to find that fabric!

Comment

Mwa ha ha ha... we've got you now. You'll never escape.
          Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

I am a flamingo nut. Must be because I live in FL. They look like God made them out of left over parts. Kind of like the joke: "A camel is a horse put together by a committee!" When they stand on one leg, it is to conserve heat and energy. When they sleep they turn backwards and rest their neck and head on their backs.

I have the same fabric and used most of it as cuffs for the children's pillowcases. I also used it in an "I Spy Quilt." I vote for getting the fabric. I believe we must feed our spirits as well as our bodies." Consider it an investment in your mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post

Oh, plus a bit of whimsical fabric here and there if I know I will never see a print like it again.
              Let me tell you, my whimsical prints are now nearing stash status.

But but but, most fabrics that aren't solids or blenders will go away, never to be seen again. That's how they get ya!

I actually wish that I had more whimsical prints in my stash. I have a good friend who is a flamingo nut, and I'd sew her something silly with that. She lives in a big city, and has plastic flamingos on her small balcony. Maybe wee Hawaiian shirts for hem, she'd dig that.

Comment

Originally posted by SisterDi View Post
                But but but, most fabrics that aren't solids or blenders will go away, never to be seen again. That's how they get ya!

I actually wish that I had more whimsical prints in my stash. I have a good friend who is a flamingo nut, and I'd sew her something silly with that. She lives in a big city, and has plastic flamingos on her small balcony. Maybe wee Hawaiian shirts for hem, she'd dig that.
                Now that's my kind of person! Hawaiian shirts would be a hoot, you should! You could even laminate fabric and make little rain bonnets.

Gosh, I try and tell myself another version of "a" print will come along. You can always find cat fabric, bird fabric, Holiday, etc. but it's these special ones you know you'll only see a generic repeat of that get me. I've already seen a version of the flamingos I got, but it's so static and doesn't have them splashing their little feet in the waves. I'm such a sucker, haha!

Comment

I love that advice to feed your spirit as well as your body. This whole creating thing is all about that for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X