I'm just not meant to make a quilt out of Stonehenge Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just not meant to make a quilt out of Stonehenge Jasper

I was clever about making an Irish Quilt out of that Stonehenge Jasper I messed up on cutting last time.

I was not clever when I cut the second half of the Jasper strips though. I think maybe it was because I was also piecing a red and white quilt too at the time. At any rate, when I measured the strips that needed to be done in the nine patch it looked fine although it took me a while since I had to rip the former patches out to cut and make those 9 patches. The pieces were then small 2" squares sewn together to make a 6 x 4 1/2 nine patch. So when I did the second half I cut the 2 1/2 inch pieces down to 2" pieces and sewed the stripes to further cut into the 9 patch. WRONG. So now the whole second half of those strips are 1 1/2 too short :-( (Or something like that). At any rate if I had kept those strips at 2 1/2 inches it would have worked.

Good thing I use these types of colors often for borders because there is sure no quilt coming from this jelly roll. I can't believe I made major mistakes twice with this jelly roll I loved so much. Maybe my mind will clear later this
    fall :-( In the mean time I'll blame it on the roofing noise instead of my lame head.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: I'm just not meant to make a quilt out of Stonehenge Jasper

Use them on the back!

Comment

Next time make a sample block and write down what you did. Don't feel bad we have all done this!

Comment

Oh no, I feel for you! Cyber hug!

How is Carlie handling the noise?
        Vonnie

Comment

I think I'll have to start writing this stuff down. I never use to have to but I guess the time has arrived :-(

Carlie is actually doing quite well with the noise. She rarely even barks at them when they have their ladders in front of the window or are walking on the porch roofs. She doesnt seem to think that the hammering is knocking either. I'm really amazed. She also doesn't seem to mind them walking around in HER backyard a lot . She appears to know that they belong there and I did tell them most likely if they ignore her, she'll ignore them.

I asked the kid Friday when they thought they would be done. He said, the roof, at the end of next week or week after depending on how much rain we get. But then he said the owner is trying to get the insurance company to pay for new gutters since they were badly damaged too. Sooooooooooooooo, who knows.I guess the month to get it done was about right, although what can you expect when they work from 7 till about 2, don't work weekends and don't work when it rains :-/
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Buy another JR and make matching mug rugs of the too small pieces?
            Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
              Next time make a sample block and write down what you did. Don't feel bad we have all done this!
              I'm currently working on a cross wall hanging that Handsome Ryan posted a year or two ago. It's not new to me; I made two of them for a craft sale, and at that time I wrote out the directions on a piece of graph paper, using colored pencils to show the different fabrics, and even numbering the strips in the order I needed to sew them together.

Well, I don't think my good friend Mr. Seamripper has ever had that strenuous a workout since I purchased him! At least 4 times I failed to put the strips on in the correct order, and then when I was FINALLY satisfied that the last strip was where it belonged... You guessed it, I sewed it on backwards.

So glad I have that chart... I'm going to try to get it finished this evening; will post pics when it's done!

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyCurious View Post
                Buy another JR and make matching mug rugs of the too small pieces?
                LOL, that's about the size of it. I swear I will never buy another Jasper jelly roll again!

Comment

I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only dyslexic sewer amongst us.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X