X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmhquilter
    replied
    Re: what quilt things make you happy?

I love the whole process except sandwiching the layers. Just hearing my machine humming away makes me happy.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Originally posted by sewbizzy View Post
    I love the whole process especially stitching on the binding by hand...I suppose it is because I have always loved cross stitch and embroidery....Sewing is my salvation...I usually make small quilts, table runners, potholders, placemats, and wall hangings...thanks for the post!
    You Ned to check out Kathleen Tracy's Small Quilt Lovers group on Facebook. It is right up your alley! KT is a blogger and quilt book author and her specialty is miniature quilts. Members post pics of their completed pieces and some are amazing nc they are so small!

Leave a comment:

• Cool Breeze Quilter
    replied

I enjoy all of it (well OK, to be honest not basting but it is part of the process.) I love picking out the fabrics and colors, the creativity, coming up with ideas for my next quilt(s), watching the quilt become a quilt, quilting, the final stitches in the binding. Two of the quilts I made as gifts were memory quilts for friends that lost a loved one. These quilts were received better than any other quilt. I got to see the joy, smiles, even some tears, got hugs, and my friends shared stories about their loved ones. Many of the quilts I make ending up changing as I go along. But I am planning one of my future quilts to actually stay as planned (we'll see, Ha!)

Leave a comment:

• sewbizzy
    replied

I love the whole process especially stitching on the binding by hand...I suppose it is because I have always loved cross stitch and embroidery....Sewing is my salvation...I usually make small quilts, table runners, potholders, placemats, and wall hangings...thanks for the post!

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

- I love when a quilt pattern is decided as a gift for someone, then picking out the fabric and seeing it come to fruition.
    - FARTING with a friend! Fabric Acquisition Road Trip'ing.
    - Looking at quilts on the Forum and on Pinterest. Getting great ideas for more quilts.
    - Organizing/cleaning up my sewing room in anticipation of the next project.
    - Getting quilting magazines in the mail.
    - Getting fabric orders in the mail, opening the packages and petting the fabric.
    - Giving a quilt as a gift and the recipient is truly appreciative.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I love the actual quilting part when you can see your quilt top evolve from a flat state to one showing definition and ---I'm not sure what you would call it, that puffiness that comes after you put in a row of stitches (I am a HQ). I am always amazed at how different the quilted parts look next to the unquilted parts when the two sections are next to each other!

I also love using as many tools as possible. I have lots of money invested in rulers, seam ripoers, needle threaders, wonder clips, thimbles, etc. so when I can use them I am happy.

Leave a comment:

• Sylveon
    replied

I love duvet quilts, king size, traditional pattern, although it seems luxurious somehow...

Leave a comment:

• Renate
    replied

My most beloved step in making a quilt is the Moment, when I trim of the Access around befor binding. It is a Feeling like seeing the quilt a very first time in it`s Beauty.

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    replied

I love the feeling I get when I put the last stitch in the binding and it is a beautiful quilt that I can snuggle under or gift. I love all parts of quilting but I love the sense of accomplishment when one in completely finished.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied

Pin wheel points that match up perfectly

Actually getting 1/4" seam allllll the way down a strip set

When the person cutting yardage take care to add a few extra inches so you don't lose anything off the actual amount of yardage you need

Winning the Bobbin Race - I love that one a LOT

The doorbell ring when fabric arrives from an online order

Snuggling under a quilt I made myself

But most of all, the simple joy of giving away a quilt to someone, knowing they will have a "warm hug" from me whenever they may need one.

Leave a comment:

• bananabread77
    replied

I love that moment when I take it out of the dryer and it smells great, it got all crinkled up just right an (holding my breath crossing my fingers) no colors ran and markings came off! YES! That's my favorite moment.

Leave a comment:

• Marta
    replied

My Wed. Morning class. We have been together for 5 years.
    I like making small quilts, playmats , throws, table runners . All to give as gifts. I love getting pictures of children using something I have made.

Leave a comment:

• janbee
    replied

1. Dreaming about the quilts I want to make in the future.
    2. Looking at my fabric stash and realizing how thankful I am that I bought all of it before I retired. I add a precut/s occasionally but for the most part I have all I need on the shelves.
    3. Discovering new tools and techniques.
    4. I look forward to Jenny's tutorial each Friday.
    5. This forum where I love to come when I am chilling out and read about everyone else's quilting adventures.
    6. Practicing new free motion quilting designs. At night when I can't sleep, I find myself thinking about the designs and drawing them with my finger on the sheet.
    7. Having come from a childhood background of having to squeeze every penny, I am still amazed that I am blessed to have my own sewing room and all the wonderful tools, machines, and fabric to do what I love.
    8. A husband who supports me in my sewing and quilting endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• Irene221b
    replied

For me it is a newly made quilt being pulled from the dryer (after washing) and seeing it came out fine, that is a "yeah!" moment

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

I love picking out colors and fabrics. I particularly love it when I find fabrics and ideas for just the right person :-) I get SO excited!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X