what quilt things make you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what quilt things make you happy?

I'm new here and received a great welcome a few days ago from some very friendly members. Thanks to everyone!
    Now I'd like to find out a little bit about everyone.
    So what are the little things that make you happy about quilting?
    For me, the most important is seeing the sincere joy in the people that I gift with a quilt. But some other, little, things are:
    a new blade in my rotary cutter
    the new fabric that I ordered when the UPS truck arrives
    actually using one of those specialty rulers that I have
    finding the perfect pattern for some stash fabrics
    points that stay pointed when I sew the blocks together

There are so many more, but what about you? What things make you happy with quilting?

Re: what quilt things make you happy?

Creation! That's my favorite part and beyond that the oohs and aahs when I show off my below average work. Makes me feel like a celebrity! And, the charity I can do with my craft...also making me feel like a productive citizen when in the reality of things I am just goofing off in my sewing room and getting rewarded! I love the fabric.. just looking at it makes me feel ... warm & fuzzy
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

My sewing room trash can full of tiny scraps and threads.....shows I am being productive. .......at least using up some stash.

Comment

When a vision comes together in a quilt top, fabric patterns, actually about everything associated with quilting, I even love buying thread for the longarm.

Comment

I enjoy the part where I am finished with the little piecing and finally sewing blocks together.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
          The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I love....Jenny's new tutorial every Friday....hemming bindings by hand and knowing how close a quilt is to being done....the look a new quilt has when you wash and dry it....that Dottie (one of my Scotties) thinks every quilt is for her....seeing someone wrapped up in a quilt I made especially for them.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love the fabric selection. I use very few pre cuts so enjoy match up colors and textures.....actually enjoy the cutting out too.... then there is the satisfaction of seeing someone's smile when I gift it to them (lots and lots of baby quilts).

Comment

I love it all! (except for the cutting.)

Jeannette

Comment

Great question, Carol. Welcome to the forum!

Quilting things that make me happy:

The Creative part.......letting an idea grow and then watching it come to life in front of me.

Digging through my stash and finding fabrics that work together for a project.

When my bobbin doesn't run out before I finish the binding.

A freshly pressed quilt top.....

Having the next idea already waiting in the wings....

Seeing the happy face of a loved one who is happy with their quilt.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

A finished quilt that looks just like the vision in my head. It does happen sometimes.

Comment

It makes me happy to teach someone else to quilt!

Comment

I love picking out colors and fabrics. I particularly love it when I find fabrics and ideas for just the right person :-) I get SO excited!
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

For me it is a newly made quilt being pulled from the dryer (after washing) and seeing it came out fine, that is a "yeah!" moment

Comment

1. Dreaming about the quilts I want to make in the future.
                            2. Looking at my fabric stash and realizing how thankful I am that I bought all of it before I retired. I add a precut/s occasionally but for the most part I have all I need on the shelves.
                            3. Discovering new tools and techniques.
                            4. I look forward to Jenny's tutorial each Friday.
                            5. This forum where I love to come when I am chilling out and read about everyone else's quilting adventures.
                            6. Practicing new free motion quilting designs. At night when I can't sleep, I find myself thinking about the designs and drawing them with my finger on the sheet.
                            7. Having come from a childhood background of having to squeeze every penny, I am still amazed that I am blessed to have my own sewing room and all the wonderful tools, machines, and fabric to do what I love.
                            8. A husband who supports me in my sewing and quilting endeavors.

Comment

My Wed. Morning class. We have been together for 5 years.
                              I like making small quilts, playmats , throws, table runners . All to give as gifts. I love getting pictures of children using something I have made.
                              "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                              Hillary Clinton

Comment

Working...
                              X