Baby Lock Saprano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Lock Saprano

I thinking of purchasing anew sewing machine. I've looked at a Brother, Baby Lock, Janome, Phyfe, and the Viking. I'm really impressed with the Baby Lock Saprano. Does a done have one and if so what do you think. Haven't told my husband yet. Surprise!
    Kelly

Re: Baby Lock Saprano

I'm not familiar with the Soprano, but I own 3 BL machines and love every one of them. Not familiar with any of the other machines, but do know that Brother and BL are usually pretty much the same machines. I believe I was told that BL makes the Brother machines. How fun to surprise your hubby!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I have a BL Ellure and Ellisimo. Love them and would never switch.

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
        I'm not familiar with the Soprano, but I own 3 BL machines and love every one of them. Not familiar with any of the other machines, but do know that Brother and BL are usually pretty much the same machines. I believe I was told that BL makes the Brother machines. How fun to surprise your hubby!
        Actually, it's the other way around, Brother makes BabyLock machines.

Comment

Actually, Babylock and Brother are two different companies that use the same plants to manufacture their machines. I was at Babylock headquarters last year for a retreat and asked them why the machines looked so much alike. Chris at Babylock told me there used to be over 25 manufacturing plants for sewing machines in the U.S. now there are around 6 and all the major companies use them. Babylock even uses two plants in Japan.

Edited to add that I own 3 Babylocks just not that one. Love all 3. Especially love the customer service!
          Last edited by Vonnie; September 24, 2016, 12:50 PM.
          Vonnie

Comment

Hello Kelly:

I purchased the Soprano last fall--just after it was introduced by Babylock. Went into my LQS to do some hands on research of Babylock machines/pricing etc (had been looking at them during previous trips to the shop, but never "looked with and eye to buy" and I had been reading reviews online) and fell IN LOVE with this machine--the owner of the shop had just unboxed it and was playing with it when I stopped in. The employees in the shop were all excited--felt that Babylock really came out with a winner--lots of bells and whistles geared towards quilters: extended table, several quilting feet, lots of quilting stitch options, large harp/throat space and all at what I felt was a reasonable price--given the high cost of these upper end machines. Got home from my trip to the store, showed my husband what the machine can do (the shop let's you give it a test run with scraps) and he was sold--told me I could order it up and we brought it home the very next day.

I have been completely and totally satisfied with the Soprano--no issues at all and it sews and FMQ's like a dream. I gave my Singer Confidence Quilter (which was pretty new at the time) to my DD to learn to sew on and I haven't looked back. I have made a TON of quilting projects in the 11 months that I have owned the machine, including from start to finish, 2 queen sized quilts, 2 twins, 3 throws, several wall hangings and lots of table runners and I am in the middle of Jenny's "Spring Rain" quilt for my DD new double bed. The machine continues to hum along flawlessly. Love Babylock and the Sorpano is really a great machine for the price.

Hope this helps your decision. Best of luck!
            Camogirlquilts

Comment

Thank you ladies for all your replies. Camogirlquilts you have helped tremendously thank you. All day I've been thinking about what to do. The machine is awesome but I'm really concerned about the throat space. The machine i have now is 6" and the Saprano is only 8". I was hoping for 10". We looked at a few larger throat spaced machines but they just don't compare to the Saprano to me. I think I just have this mental block. We're going back next weekend hopefully by then I will have done all my research and will be able to make the right decision.
              Kelly

Comment

Working...
              X