X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sewing Space Part 3

SR8.jpg

SR9.jpg

Another picture of the thread rack and kitty quilt. The nice thread rack over my chair is the one Jeff made me for embroidery threads. This rack is 6 feet wide and holds more spools than I thought I had. The over-door shoe bag is something fairly new and I'm loving it for all those things Ihave trouble finding: rick rack, lint roller, washi tape, etc. I got mine at WalMart for under $10 and it's really sturdy.

I keep large cutting mats and the folding ironing board behind the door.

This project got a bit complicated and I had trouble with the pictures. I always enjoy looking into other sewing spaces. For better or worse, this is mine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; September 22, 2016, 09:19 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: My Sewing Space Part 3

Very nice! It looks so neat and organized. And your thread is beautiful!

Comment

Love your cabinets. May I ask where you purchased them?

Your room is so orderly and well laid out, I'm afraid I would never leave and dinner would burn for sure (if it ever got started that is).

Comment

So nice Barb...
        Now that shot right there of the Janome with all the tools so nicely spaced next to it , is something only in my DREAMS.... I am just such a spastic sewer)))))))))
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I have never seen so many spools of thread! And I am drooling over your fabric stash which is ginormous!!!!! You have an entire store right there. You are one lucky lady. All I have to say is wow, you better not decide to take up a different hobby, like scrapbooking or cake decorating. Your room looks like it came straight out of a magazine. When can I move in?

Comment

I certainly am NOT organized at least like this. I am so jealous.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Barb! I like seeing other folks' space, as well. You are inspiring me to clean up my room!

Comment

I really enjoyed all your pictures Barb! I would love to hang out in your sewing room. You know I love those storage cabinets! I'm still in transition with our big move. Ray took the carpet out and put hardwood flooring in my new sewing room, but all my machines and tables are still at the old house. I can't wait to get it all set up here and get back to doing what I love. It's been FAR too long! I'll post pictures when I'm settled.
                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Barb, wonderful and well organized sewing space. I'd say it's for the better! Love the rack Jeff made for you for the embroidery threads. Thanks for the look into your space.
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Love your sewing space Barb! Great idea with the shoe bag, and isn't it amazing how many embroidery threads we accumulate!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Wow, I really appreciate your sharing your beautiful sewing room. I'm hoping your photos have inspired me enough to organize my own small space a little better. While my room is small, I see ideas in your space that would help me. I tend to " make do" insofar as storage is concerned but I can see it surely isn't very efficient. It must bring you great joy to create in your space.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your room with us. It is wonderful. I enjoyed all your photos - you are truly blessed!
                        Cindy

Comment

Oh, My Goodness what a great sewing room you have! Can I come and play there for awhile? You have wonderful storage cabinets that make it easy to find what you need and that 6 ft thread holder is to die for. Seeing the little cat quilt was a pleasant surprise, so glad you liked it.
                          Last edited by MayinJerset; September 23, 2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Over the door shoe bag......how brilliant is that Barb! Guess what I'm going to buy tomorrow!

Comment

Barb, your room is lovely. I wish mine was as big. Mine is only about 10 x 9. Those couple of extra feet make a huge difference.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X