Welcome to My REAL Sewing Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to My REAL Sewing Space

Many of our members are en route to the Reunion in Hamilton and it could get a little boring around here while they are gone. I decided to snap a few pictures and show you my unedited, undusted, cluttered sewing space....you know, the one we all have. This may have to be done is multiple posts due to the many photos.

First off, my room is small (about 12x13 ft) and it's right around the corner from our kitchen where I can smell food cooking and burning while I sew. Sew, here we go....

SR1.jpg

This is an overview of my space. The two windows look out over our front porch which faces east, so I get good morning light. Left of the windows is a thread rack and the three colorful blobs on top of the rack are chicken pincushions. One is patriotic, another is Halloween and the third is all purpose. The darling red cat quilt was a gift from our Miss May...it's one of the doll quilts she makes.

To the right is a 3-drawer unit that houses bag hardware, miscellaneous quilt kits and homespun fabrics. Under my sewing table you see lots of extra batting that I save for table runners. Underneath this table to the far right is where I store the sewing machines I'm not using at the moment. I'm currently making lace snowflakes and the machine on the table is a Janome 9500.

SR2.jpg

On the top of my fabric cabinets I keep a few old family quilts, the only doll that survived my childhood (china head, hands and feet.) The sweater, cap and booties were mine. My beautiful raggedy doll that our Blondie made me sits next to the doll and the green tin on top of the thread box was my Grandma Nan's lunch pail. On the far right are a few of my beloved sock monkeys and an old wicker sewing basket.

SR3.jpg

These are the fabric cabinets Jeff put together for me a few years back for Mother's Day. They are quite deep and I love how much I've been able to fit into them.

CONTINUED IN THREAD #2
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Welcome to My REAL Sewing Space

Wow. Mine is 9X12, one end taken up by a closet full of junk.

Comment

Doesn't look small and cluttered to me.

Comment

Wow I love those cabinets and your whole space looks so welcoming and organized. I would never want to leave home!

Comment

I would be so ashamed to show mine.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Love it! Looks very well organized and making the most of the space you have.
            I am Sew Blessed!
            Alina

Comment

Umm...Barb? I wish my sewing room looked half that nice! Beautiful cabinets by the way! I, like Ms. Monique, would be very ashamed to show what my sewing room looks like right now.....

when I look at my sewing room? I aften wonder if a tornado has been inside the house....
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Last year, I wrote a blogpost on my sewing space. I cleaned the sewing area meticulously before I took the pictures.
                http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/...s-of-grey.html
                I had fun writing about it :-)
                Preeti
                http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love those cabinets, and especially that cute machine on top! That room is anything but cluttered. Very nice space.
                  Cindy

Comment

Working...
                  X