Christmas Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Material

My soon to be daughter in law loves Christmas. I want to make her a Christmas quilt as a wedding gift. Any ideas for a quilt pattern or a favorite line of Christmas fabric? The wedding is a year away so I have plenty of time to make it.

Re: Christmas Material

Dresdens!!!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

I hadn't thought of that. I have the Dresden plate template too.thanks.

Comment

I made a double slice quilt with a Christmas layer cake. Very pleased with it.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Does she have a particular style that she likes - traditional, modern? What about when it comes to Christmas colors the traditional bright green and red or does she like the muted shades better or does she like other Christmas combinations like the purple/silver, blue/silver or gold? Another consideration is do you want to make it exclusively Christmas or more along the lines of winter. For example, I think that today's daily deal Sept 18, 2016 - Town Square Layer Cake by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics could make a darling quilt that would not just get used during December but also into January.

Comment

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.......I made a Dresden tree skirt for my nephew and had already bought some poinsettia fabric when I found out his wife hates poinsettias (crazy I know, right?)
            So, that is something to think about before you buy the fabric!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

I made this for myself last year... 12049184_1050235211676315_6888674644975678194_n.jpg

I used the Holiday Flourish line of fabrics...

They have another Holiday Flourish 9 this year... and another I like is the Winter Grandeur line.

The block is the Four Season's block made with Layer Cake Squares. It's just HST's. Easy.
              Last edited by kensington; September 18, 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I think I would do one of the several star quilts that have been in the tutorials.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Holiday Flourish 9 Silver Colorstory Metallic Roll Up is the daily deal today (Sept 19, 2016) if you are interested in doing a quilt like what kensington did last year.

Comment

I love Jenny's Present Quilt pattern. It's simple and unique.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am doing the chain saw quilt out of Christmas fabric (Town Square )
                      Alta

Comment

I made a log cabin quilt out of shades of green and creams with a red center square and a cream, green border, then a red border My husband thought it was a Christmas quilt. It was King sized and professionally quilted by a LA quilter. I love it and leave it out all year on our bed.

Comment

Working...
                        X