Janome artistic Quilter SD 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome artistic Quilter SD 18

I attended a local quilt show yesterday and low and behold our newest local Janome dealer was there with the Artistic quilter SD. I took it for a spin and fell in love. I want this machine so badly LOL. Previously I had tried the Sweet Sixteen and the Tiara. I like the Artistic so much more. It seemed to sew so much better then the others. I have told myself I would buy one when I retire in THIRTEEN years, but honestly with my health issues, I'm afraid if I wait I won't be able to sew much by then. Sigh I am seriously thinking of getting this very soon. Does anyone else have one? What are your thoughts?
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: Janome artistic Quilter SD 18

Not to be an enabler but...
    I was looking at this same machine today online at Sewingmachineplus.com. It is on sale, still expensive, but they are offering 0% financing. Maybe something you want to check in to. Here is the link (I hope it works)
    http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/sm...gJgQodT60BNAks)

Comment

I had this one and I enjoyed it but I'll warn you that the owner's manual doesn't have much detail and Janome customer support when I had questions was just plain rude. I enjoyed this machine and the big table that comes with it but after a car accident where I was rearended I had a difficult time pushing the fabric around.
      Good Luck.
      Susan
      Susan Davis
      Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

Comment

Check out online reviews. I don't buy anything without reading reviews. And yes, like Susan said, Janome manuals are not great.

Comment

I test drove one right before Labor Day; on sale price of $ 5500.00......I liked how it performed. But, there's no way I would buy one unless I had an introduction class and fully understood how to use the machine. Not to mention, the funds just aren't there for that kind of extrafigance....
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I have one and really like it. My LQS has one on display that you can give it a run. I would like to mention that it does take practice to use it efficiently. I never did much fmq and I had a big learning curve. But I am more comfortable with it now. Agree with above poster that the manual leaves a lot to be desired, lacks in instructions. Our LQS is very easy to get more information when I needed it. It is fun to use, but bear in mind it only does quilting.

Comment

I have played on this machine and I LOVE it. I particularly like the configuration in that it is set up facing the needle like a regular domestic machine. There are you tube videos on this machine and I am sure that if you purchase it from a licensed Janome dealership they would offer instruction. I almost bought this machine but opted to purchase the Babylock Crescendo instead. I would still love to have one though.

Comment

Working...
              X