Random Quilting Class Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Quilting Class Thoughts

There are so many great quilting teachers and live classes out there. Some forum members have had the opportunity to take quite a few classes while others may not have had the chance to take a live class.

Question of the day: If money, scheduling & distance were no obstacle......tell us about 2 or 3 classes (and teachers) that you would love to take. Also tell us why you would love to take that class. Remember......in our little fantasy world money, scheduling, distance and other problems in life are not an issue.

We know that Jenny would be on everyone's list .........so what other classes would you really enjoy.

I'm still thinking on my 3 classes but I'll be back......
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Random Quilting Class Thoughts

I would like to take a class by Bonnie Hunter. Love how she uses scraps.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I would love to take a class by Bonnie Hunter - I like her mystery quilts that she does.
      Judy Neymeier - I love her paper piecing quilt
      Leah Day - I'm wanting to improve my FMQ skills.

Comment

I've been fortunate to have taken some wonderful classes over the years, although not so much in recent years. These are some of my "would love to's" - Kaffe Fasset, I love his fabrics and color sense. For FMQ it would have to be Angela Walters and Lori Kennedy. I know there is more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Comment

I'd like to take an art quilt class, mostly because I haven't done that style of quilt yet.

Comment

Took my first class last week, so enjoyed it. Would like to learn from : Judy Niemeyer.

Comment

I took a seminar with Eleanor Burns. Not only did we have a ball with her, but my blocks turned out perfect when they never had before that! Her secret? No ironing until it is all pieced!

Comment

Angela Walters
                Lori Kennedy
                Debbie Brown

Several years ago took a class from Eleanor Burns. She's a regular comedian - always laughing about her "perky" points!
                Vonnie

Comment

oh my - only three

Leah Day - she just seems to go so easy and smooth through all she does
                  Jacquie Gering - She is so light hearted and happy all the time and I love her creations
                  Kimberly Einmo - Oh she would be so much fun to meet !!!
                  Amy Gibson - sorry had to add fourth - So much of her life troubles reflect mine in some form - she just bustles through
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Thanks to Craftsy, many of these wonderful teachers are already accessible at a very reasonable price.
                    I loved Jacquie Gering's class on Walking Foot Techniques. I'd love to meet her in person.
                    I also want to meet Bonnie Hunter. She loved my Homeful quilt and shared it on her Quiltville Page. I was ecstatic.
                    Preeti
                    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Angela Walters - I have taken a few of her Craftsy classes and absolutely love her style, for improving my FMQ on my LA. I want to do more FMQ instead of pantographs. That being said, I am lucky that she is coming to a shop about 40 miles from where I live, only 15 from the office, so I will be taking her class on feathers next month. Also Linda V Taylor for LA skills and Judy Nemeyer - paper piecing. They would all be awesome IMO.

Comment

Feel free to list more than two or three. It's interesting to see everyone's choices.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

Two of my "would love to take classes" are Susan Carlson's art quilt classes. I love her work! Also taking a Jacquie Gering class would be awesome. I love her style of modern quilts and her passion for quilting.

As you think of other classes please come back and post them.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                            Angela Walters - I have taken a few of her Craftsy classes and absolutely love her style, for improving my FMQ on my LA. I want to do more FMQ instead of pantographs. That being said, I am lucky that she is coming to a shop about 40 miles from where I live, only 15 from the office, so I will be taking her class on feathers next month. Also Linda V Taylor for LA skills and Judy Nemeyer - paper piecing. They would all be awesome IMO.
                            You lucky girl to be in one of Angela's class. I've tried two or three years to get into one of hers in Sisters Oregon.

Comment

I picked the following three FMQ instructors because not only are they innovative thinkers, they are also exceptional teachers

Angela Walters
                              Linda V Taylor
                              Christina Cameli
                              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X